When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!

midshipman01

Good work on replicating a classic.

But, I think Mr. Bond actually wears the watch on an 18mm Nato strap. It looks too small for the lug width! :lol:

This Nato is too small (18mm) as per geniune, although I do think the actual is 16mm (you just can't find that). It's hard to tell but you can see springbar in some of my pics.

Edited by midshipman01

Oh, and the recipe is deceptively simple. Perfect Hour has almost the correct watch even with the 28,8 movement, but you need to add a Tudor Sub bezel insert (Ebay has a few) and a Corvus Nato. Then I shaved the case down just a little (I think it could use a little more), baked and tea stained the dial/hands, sanded and bleached the bezel insert, aged the crystal, and sanded the strap all to get the right period look.

Edited by midshipman01

@ Midshipman - Very nice project! I've been wanting to do one of these for a long time. I even ordered the corvus strap in 18mm and 20mm when they were first released thinking that I ever got around to doing the Goldfinger sub, and corvus no longer had the straps available, I'd be kicking myself for not getting one.

@Mickey - Thanks for the link to PC. I didn't realize these were available. I just ordered one, so it looks like I will finally get to use my corvus strap!