When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

36mm 1016 franken finished

FxrAndy

less than a year ago i only owned 1 rolex, a deep sea that i woke up wearing after a GTG

you will see the results of my years work at the end

This one started after seening a gen refinished dial come up for say that I promptly bought.

then i searched for a case, movement, gen crown and tube, crystal and hands

this is the result

DSCF1639.jpg

The case is signed 14270 but is the right shape and size for a 1016, i had a nightmare getting a crystal to fit with the bezel but after 4 broken crystals i finaly got it right.

The movement is a slow beat 2973 with a self moddified single position crown serviced and running like a champ

Hands are clarks that have been aged just a little so that they dont quite match the dial as many of the gens i have looked at dont either, The dial and hands have a bit of lume but not a great deal.

The bracelet is off an MBW EX2 all smoothed and polished and MBW 501b endlinks (i know these are not correct but it is the only one that would fit this case niceley apart from a jubily)

I will take some more photos tomorrow in natural light so that you can see the dial correctly but for now i will leave you with these

DSCF1638.jpg

DSCF1637.jpg

DSCF1635.jpg

DSCF1634.jpg

And with the others

DSCF1644.jpg

DSCF1647.jpg

(absent on duty (sold) 1665 white, 1665 red)

So what is next, well i have the 1655 sat there but now the new cartel version is out it sort of puts the MBW in the dark so should i bother?

This 14270 case had small lug holes to start with it is an old MBW with the well known Original POLEX Design.

Ah, that explains the gentle contours of the case, as opposed to the more trapezoidal and pointier shapes seen on the cartel 14270s. Excellent base to build on, though crystal fitment sounds like a real challenge.