When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake watches are for fake people

simonporsche

+1 Ubi.

So, by their logic-- I own a bunch of GENS and REPS, does that make me 50% fake?, or do I get a pass?

Their numbers of "lost revenue" are never correct because, a rep sale never translates to a 1:1 ratio, as many would never buy the gen at their $$$$ prices.

I still argue they are getting free advertising from the 'frugal' rep buyer.

:yawn:

I am somewhat scared by this article. I thought i was buying watches from Josh and Connie... Not Bin Laden and Mullah Krekar... Hmmm.... shouldn't the home of the rep watch industry be located in Saudia Arabia instead of China if that was the matter? :p

Well, my watches may be fake, i might well be fake, but my disagreement with and resentment of this article is true! That has to count for something...

It's funny how they use all kinds of numbers to justify their position. They cluster all the counterfeit numbers to make the watch part seem important.

Also they claim the factories employ child labor, fund terrorism but most manufacturers (specially the Swatch group) use the same labor in Asia for a number of parts (cases, dials, crystals, straps, clasps, etc.).

I have an idea: reduce the price!!! When they mark up their costs by 500% many only have the alternative to buy reps. Besides I've seen a lot of people (myself included) that started with the rep and ended up with the gen.

Nothing new with this campaign. Just the same old rhetoric.