When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7753, DW still sunken?

Guest Sql_pl

Great photo comparison courtesy of PaulVanDyk from RG:

pamschronos.jpg

pamchronos2.jpg

It is not good. Is it a real copy of a 7753 or just another version of 7750 tuned up a little to mimic 7753's case side pusher date change?

Is it a real copy of a 7753 or just another version of 7750 tuned up a little to mimic 7753's case side pusher date change?

As disturbing as it seems I guess we won't know that before someone takes the dial off one of these Asian "7753" mov'ts.

I agree, so far it doesn't look good but it could still end up being a 7753 clone on which they kept the 7750 type DW assembly. :g:

Great photo comparison courtesy of PaulVanDyk from RG:

pamschronos.jpg

pamchronos2.jpg

It is not good. Is it a real copy of a 7753 or just another version of 7750 tuned up a little to mimic 7753's case side pusher date change?

I don't get it, the DW cut out has a different location.

[edit]

Ok the dime dropped :) still sipping my coffee :yawn: . Left the new so called 7753, gen on the right, yes. That is not good.

[/edit]

Edited by slickdick

So the date is the same size and in the same position as the stock A7750 version, which will clearly be a problem if you have a 7753 based dial, on the flip side, this movement should (in theory) drop into any previous A7750 PAM watch, just the date pusher would be a concern if it's not functional on the case.....

Still, I'm not overly bothered, the date is still flush to the dial (aside from the dial thickness itself) and as I have the 236/250, the black colour and non numeral dial makes the date position accuracy less noticeable :)

So the date is the same size and in the same position as the stock A7750 version, which will clearly be a problem if you have a 7753 based dial, on the flip side, this movement should (in theory) drop into any previous A7750 PAM watch, just the date pusher would be a concern if it's not functional on the case.....

Still, I'm not overly bothered, the date is still flush to the dial (aside from the dial thickness itself) and as I have the 236/250, the black colour and non numeral dial makes the date position accuracy less noticeable :)

Well it bothers me... Sure, we need to see the watch in person, Pics may not represent the actual watch sent. But these are the claims:

New Breed Asia 7753 movement .. Exact copy of the Swiss 7753 Movement .. No Recess date & date adjustment via the 10.00 recess pusher

Completely interchangeable with Genuine including movement!!!

Well I did mention it would be a problem for those who wish to tweak and mod, its just that I'm not one of them. Certainly worth taking it up with the dealer/s involved though, if this will cause you a problem :)

Could be the dealers are just saying what the factory tells them, at least that will most likely be the excuse again ;)

Well it bothers me... Sure, we need to see the watch in person, Pics may not represent the actual watch sent. But these are the claims:

All of which kinda remind me the

Movement: Asia 7750 Valjoux Working Chronograph movement Updated Decorated Insignia Rotor, 28800 bph, New Improved 29J Version Functional Regulator :black_eye:

The more I look at the pics the more confused I get - and I am wearing a gen dial 188. The date window does not look to me nearly as obvious as a typical A7750 date window and nor does the gap. The overall size looks pretty similar to a 7753. The placement does look off but that can be a function of the layout of the dial. The date window does not fall in exactly the same place on a 162 as it does on a 188. I was curious so I looked this morning. I can't wait for someone to have definitive pictures.

The more I look at the pics the more confused I get - and I am wearing a gen dial 188. The date window does not look to me nearly as obvious as a typical A7750 date window and nor does the gap. The overall size looks pretty similar to a 7753. The placement does look off but that can be a function of the layout of the dial. The date window does not fall in exactly the same place on a 162 as it does on a 188. I was curious so I looked this morning. I can't wait for someone to have definitive pictures.

I'm confused as well... :huh:

Last night I compared dial photos of older 250 rep with A7750 and the new 250 with A7753. The DW placements on both look identical. Definitely not even close to ETA7753 DW placement on my EL PAM196 with gen 7753.

It appears as someone mentioned before they used A7750 for a base and added the thicker DW and quick-set DW function on the case at 10 o'clock.

Something's fishy here, indeed.

yeah...i was gonna post pics from RG but sql_pl beat me to it :thumbsupsmileyanim:

it saddened me A LOT when i did those comparison shots and realized that the DW isnt close to 7753 and is in fact smaller and slightly recessed. :thumbdown:

i dont understand, why dont they just copy the f@cking ETA7753 so we can finally have some good quality and accurate reps :bangin:

hmmmmm...ok, so does all this mean that this new movement might fit the old skool case/dial a7750 196's?...it appears the dw is in the right place and right size...what do you guys think?...

if so, this would be great news...

Don't believe so mate, as the old-school A7750 196 had a non functional pusher at 10 o'clock, as well as its position was slightly off.

Not without some serious case re-work, sorry :(

I think that they only went half way, instead of tooling up and making a new correct larger diameter 7753 DW, they re-used the existing 7750 DW, and probably the top plate as well. This would account for the incorrect placement.

R, do you believe they used A7750 mov't as a base, or started with all new ebauche for this latest A7753?

How complicated would it be to transfer the date change from the set lever operated by the crown to the quick-set at 10 o'clock on a A7750 instead of starting anew?

I mean, they already transferred the gears for tricompax on A7750 to create a pseudo-A7753 in the past, all they needed was to rejig the date change mechanism. :g:

Or is this all one big brain fart on my side? ^_^

R, do you believe they used A7750 mov't as a base, or started with all new ebauche for this latest A7753?

How complicated would it be to transfer the date change from the set lever operated by the crown to the quick-set at 10 o'clock on a A7750 instead of starting anew?

I mean, they already transferred the gears for tricompax on A7750 to create a pseudo-A7753 in the past, all they needed was to rejig the date change mechanism. :g:

Or is this all one big brainfart on my side? ^_^

I thought I was the only one with brainfarts...

How complicated to transfer the quickset date? not that complicated, remember it's only the quickset that is transferred, the normal date change is basically the same design.

On the ETA 7753 the mainplate is modified to accept the quickset lever, and the top plate with the calendar mechanism is changed as well, so other than a bit of machining on the mainplate, and a new top plate, its' farily simple. I suspect that instead of doing it 100% per the ETA design, they cut corners and re-used what parts of the A7750 they could.

Maybe one of the modders from one of the other forums would be able to do a detailed teardown and review for everyone, wouldn't that be a nice gesture on their part.:)