When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1000s of Uses

freddy333

leather620220061.jpg

leather62020151.jpg

All gen except for the insert (CWP) & strap. This is also the 1st A series (bubble-back style) calibre I overhauled & I am not happy with its accuracy :bangin:, so I may re-overhaul it :g: .

To do -

Replace hands (en route - current hands turned out to be too short & in poor condition)

Replace strap with a gen rivet 7205 (en route)

(Possibly) Replace the 6mm Twinlock with either a 5.3mm Twinlock or a 6mm Brevet (not enough info on this model to say, for sure, what the original spec called for :g: ).

These will complete the project.

To do -

Replace hands (current hands are too short & in poor condition)

Replace strap with a gen rivet 7205 (en route)

These will complete the project.

Pfff, disappointing Freddy...not even finished :thumbdown: ?

Well, I don't know how you 1) find these parts 2) find the brain cells to keep all this knowledge in one single place :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I must say that this one is another nice project of you.

It is not my cup of tea, but for sure a beauty.

Congrats to you, and above all, thanks for sharing. :group:

1stly, :good: LHOOQ. Nicely done.

Stunning where do you find these?

Pfff, disappointing Freddy...not even finished :thumbdown: ?

Well, I don't know how you 1) find these parts 2) find the brain cells to keep all this knowledge in one single place :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words.

I do not think you generally find these types of watches very often. At least, I have only seen them pop-up once or twice in the gen forums (& I have never seen 2 that look the same, which makes construction both easier (you have a bit more latitude in parts selection) & far more difficult (no single blueprint to copy from)). So you either have to lay out a big wad of cash or spend alot of time researching (perusing gen forums, numerous books & major watch auction sites), searching (TZ, VRF, ebay & various other parts sources) & constructing. And even if I had the extra 30-to-40 grand laying around, (I am sure Ubi is nodding his head in agreement) I think I would still opt to build my own instead of buying 1.

And even if I had the extra 30-to-40 grand laying around, (I am sure Ubi is nodding his head in agreement) I think I would still opt to build my own instead of buying 1.

+1 here Freddy.

It is so much more fun.

I remember wanting them all right away when I found this place.

Now I narrowed my choice to a couple of Rolex that I want to finish as perfectly as possible before trying anything else.

Once again, great job and remarquable result.

Received another handset today, but, unfortunately, I was only able to get the hour hand to fit (due to the watch's polished, non-lume dauphine handset, which is relatively rare on a Rolex, parts sources are limited). A small improvement, to be sure, but I think the new hand does improve the 'Graph's overall appearance & provides a glimpse of the stunner that this watch will become once I locate the remaining 2 hands

newhourhand20062__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

base62020052__-2_tonemapped1.jpg

UPDATE

2 out of 3 correct hands are now fitted.

After trying out 4 gen minute hands, I finally found 1 that actually fits the A260 caliber

minute62020171.jpg

Now, all I need is the ss hand & this 1 is complete. I have a blued hand that fits (& looks very sharp), but all the pics I have (or have seen) of De Luxe 6202s show them with all steel (white) hands. I have another 2 ss hands en route &, hopefully, 1 of them will fit the bill (& pinion B) ). But, even with its current ss hand, this watch is definitely an eye-catcher.