When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ubi-Franken Tudor

Eton

Well, I thought it was about time that she received a proper introduction to my friends, so here it goes...

Firstly, I can't take credit for creating such a masterpiece, our very own Ubi put this one together as well as other no-date subs this year. I just happen to be one of those lucky guys! I was browsing a thread and saw a picture Ubi posted of something I was unfamiliar with, but absolutely smitten over. So, I shot Ubi a PM asking what model it was. I was determined to find one used or build one from scratch. Ubi replied in his always polite manner and said, "that sir, is a Tudor 9401." He later stated that it might be available and I nearly fell off my chair from complete shock. I thought, there's no way I could possibly get my hands on such a unique piece. It took a little while to hear back...talk about being patient, it felt like waiting for Christmas morning! But, I received a message from Ubi that it was indeed available. I had no idea what level the watch was built to, I just loved it for what it was and I'm not really a sub kind of guy, so this was new territory for me. With that being said, I was shocked when Ubi listed the parts, I went from excited to completely ecstatic...it was like I won the lottery twice!!! Not only had I made such a great friend in joining the forum, but now I would have the opportunity to hold one of his creations...what more could a guy ask for?!?

After receiving the watch, I was in awe and had a smile that was ear to ear for days. Now all I had to do was find a bracelet so I could actually wear it. I checked the sales threads and found a rep bracelet and as soon as it arrived...I put it on and it was Tudor heaven! A couple months later I managed to find a mint Genuine bracelet from a fellow member, no end links, but not a deal breaker. After coming up short on my search for 580 ends, I asked Ubi if he knew of any around...sure enough, he knew someone with a pair...and the rest is history!

I can't thank Ubi enough for his guidance and support; he's truly an amazing and knowledgeable person, but more importantly, the best friend anyone could ask for! I'm blessed to know Ubi and the forum wouldn't be the same without him. Thanks again Ubi! drinks.gif

So, may I introduce you to my Ubi-Franken Tudor 9401 Submariner:

- MBW 5513 case

- Genuine dial & hands

- Genuine serviced ETA 2783 movement

- Genuine 25-19 crystal

- Genuine insert

- Genuine crown and tube

- Genuine spring bars

- Genuine 93150 bracelet & 580 end links

I hope you enjoy the shots...

Cheers!

DSCN3743-3.jpg

DSCN3720-2.jpg

DSCN3788.jpg

DSCN3791.jpg

DSCN3821.jpg

DSCN3795.jpg

DSCN3722.jpg

DSCN3812.jpg

DSCN3840.jpg

looks REAL good, is that a modern service replacement crystal and are the CGs untouched?(cant tell from the pics)

Thanks! Ubi did some work on the cg's and the crystal is just a regular T-19. I also have an extra NOS T-19 for backup and they're both the same height (ie not super dome).