When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I was banned on watchuseek.com.....

Prsist

The internet has way too many forums full of tin pot God mods. It's always been this way, back to the days of Fidonet.

I appreciate most sincerely mods with a sense of humor, and discretion. They make or break a forum. Quite literally.

Let's see, I joined Oct 9th, 2008. I had my Black Lung by Nov. 1st, then the fur hit the fan that day. So I accomplished a ban in 23 days. BEAT THAT!

Okay Prsist, you're up. How many days/posts before you were banned?

Can't compare. Over 3 years and 300 posts.

Suprised I didn't get banned for an earlier thread about buying at an ad or internet. I basically said i saw no value in buying from an AD. It got pretty heated. I don't care where people get their watches from but for me it is pissing money away. For the non-wis and for those with money I can see why an AD is attractive. That's it in a nut shell. Sorry for threadjacking my own thread :thumbsupsmileyanim:

This is a funny thread. In way good way :thumbsupsmileyanim: I've been a long time member of WUS myself but hardly ever go there anymore, especially after I found RWG. :victory: Not that everyone there is bad, but many do seem to be drinking the coolaid there. God forbid if you disagree with any of the senior members there. One positive thing about WUS though, that it makes me appreciate RWG all that much more. :drinks:

This is a funny thread. In way good way :thumbsupsmileyanim: I've been a long time member of WUS myself but hardly ever go there anymore, especially after I found RWG. :victory: Not that everyone there is bad, but many do seem to be drinking the coolaid there. God forbid if you disagree with any of the senior members there. One positive thing about WUS though, that it makes me appreciate RWG all that much more. :drinks:

+1 Indeed makes one appreciate RWG that much more,no comparision Imho. No long threads about battery life :lol:

I used to be a member on WUS but after getting more and more annoyed by there censorship and stupid rules. and the fact that only new content was the endless "what are you wearing today" treads and constant recommendations that you should buy a Seiko monster or a orient mako.

I started making some mild remarks about the more stupid rules and one day i got the message that i was banned because i "Did not show respect for the rules" note here that i did never break the rules ! i only criticised them.

WUS is today a boring forum so i do not miss it at all. since i am more of a builder/modder then i am collector of Gen watches i feel more @ home over on the homageforum and here

They mostly seem to be the "hey look what I got and look what I spent on it" kind of crowd.

Cheers B)

+1000

TRF seems to be at the same direction as well...every time someone posts a pic of his new shinny blinky Rollie everyone runs to chime in and

compliment the OP.The best thing is that even if sometimes someone posts pics of a rep, it takes them for ages to realize that the watch they run so eagerly to compliment is a replication...some times a low grade one!!! and i love the way they run to defend the OP when this happens by flaming

the guy who discovered that and brought it to their attention :bangin:

I recently sold a watch to the man himself, Ernie Ro mers. He got a nice deal on a Tissot I sold over there. I bought it before discovering this place, so I have no need for a quartz Tissot in my life. I now wear IWC's, Breitlings and Omegas :drinks:

He seemed like a nice person. I asked him to send the payment as Personal so as to not get any fees, and he sent an extra $10 to cover the fees. Said he didn't like sending Personal payments on Goods.

I do agree about most everything that has been said in this thread, but I find the place useful. Sometimes I go to check how a certain gen strap is done on a specific model, so that I can give instructions to HK Tan. The pictures are also great.

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bring back this quite old thread, but I just could not resist: I understand you guys dont like WUS. What I dont understand is your strong urge to spit on it here, in a place where they cant defend themselves. I am a member of WUS, RWG, RWI, Repgeek and other watch forums. All have their own qualities and all deserve a respect for what they provide: great resources of informations about watches. WUS is perfect place to learn about many brands you guys never mention here, like Steinhart, Laco, Orient, Prometheus, and if you like, MQJ and how to mod this chinese 16usd miracle, for example.

Just because you guys dont respect their rules, doesnt mean the forum is not good...

Just my 2cents...

Sorry to bring back this quite old thread, but I just could not resist: I understand you guys dont like WUS. What I dont understand is your strong urge to spit on it here, in a place where they cant defend themselves. I am a member of WUS, RWG, RWI, Repgeek and other watch forums. All have their own qualities and all deserve a respect for what they provide: great resources of informations about watches. WUS is perfect place to learn about many brands you guys never mention here, like Steinhart, Laco, Orient, Prometheus, and if you like, MQJ and how to mod this chinese 16usd miracle, for example.

Just because you guys dont respect their rules, doesnt mean the forum is not good...

Just my 2cents...

I have no problem with the members and sub-fora at WUS. It is the Administration teams that has castrated the forum. Watchers invoke passion and when won cant be passionate and have an opinion about a hobby I love then why spend time their. WUS is run as a business, toe THEIR line, and dont dare question them. Sorry mate that doesn't fly in my book.

Well mate you can't defend yourself on WUS. They treat you like a little child. I asked a question, post was deleted (they wouldn't admit doing so), asked again, post deleted, asked again and I was put on temp. leave with no reason why. When I asked about my ban they said you are now banned. They finally answered me at the very end. If they simply would have done so when I first asked I would of been happy. Totalitarianism just doesn't sit well with me and my personality. Dont expect for me respond "How high?" when you say "Jump"

What sub-fora do they talk about modding chinese movts? I'd like to take a look. Not sure why you brands aren't discussed here. Could be they are in the price point of the reps we buy. Whether we admit it or not I think a lot of people would rather have a watch with brand recognition (we are only human). IWC, Rolex, Panerai or Orient, Prometheus, or Steinhart, take your pic. There is much debate about this on here I would suggest searching and reading if you like. Many, like myself enjoy the fact I can spend a couple hundred dollars and get a "Rolex" that has 90% the look of the real deal without paying the mark-up. I buy value and I don't find much value in the gen market. Add to that the ability to mod the watch with gen parts to create something that you spent time and money on. It is very rewarding. Don't get me wrong, I love gens but all you can say is: "I bought a gen Omega" "Wow, great watch, wear it well". Here it a journey shared by like-minded folks in pursuit of the "perfect rep" and all the fun, misery, mistakes that go along with it.

So in the end: [censored] WUS! :gun2::ninjastar:

So come, stay awhile, enjoy the freedom you have here. Visit WUS where you can enjoy :shutup2:

Here's a perfect example of WUS twisted thinking:

Perhaps THE holy grail of Doxa is the Conquistador SUB 300T with the HEV. The worldwide numbers are maybe 5 or 6 out there. So a hard-core Doxa aficionado would WANT that thing, if they had the cash.

So let's say I go over to WUS and post regarding the current live Ebay auction for a Conquistador. A few buyers would shake my hand and race each other to buy that rare beauty.

What would the WUS official response be? Probably a suspension for mentioning a live Ebay auction.

I have no problem with the members and sub-fora at WUS. It is the Administration teams that has castrated the forum. Watchers invoke passion and when won cant be passionate and have an opinion about a hobby I love then why spend time their. WUS is run as a business, toe THEIR line, and dont dare question them. Sorry mate that doesn't fly in my book.

Well mate you can't defend yourself on WUS. They treat you like a little child. I asked a question, post was deleted (they wouldn't admit doing so), asked again, post deleted, asked again and I was put on temp. leave with no reason why. When I asked about my ban they said you are now banned. They finally answered me at the very end. If they simply would have done so when I first asked I would of been happy. Totalitarianism just doesn't sit well with me and my personality. Dont expect for me respond "How high?" when you say "Jump"

What sub-fora do they talk about modding chinese movts? I'd like to take a look. Not sure why you brands aren't discussed here. Could be they are in the price point of the reps we buy. Whether we admit it or not I think a lot of people would rather have a watch with brand recognition (we are only human). IWC, Rolex, Panerai or Orient, Prometheus, or Steinhart, take your pic. There is much debate about this on here I would suggest searching and reading if you like. Many, like myself enjoy the fact I can spend a couple hundred dollars and get a "Rolex" that has 90% the look of the real deal without paying the mark-up. I buy value and I don't find much value in the gen market. Add to that the ability to mod the watch with gen parts to create something that you spent time and money on. It is very rewarding. Don't get me wrong, I love gens but all you can say is: "I bought a gen Omega" "Wow, great watch, wear it well". Here it a journey shared by like-minded folks in pursuit of the "perfect rep" and all the fun, misery, mistakes that go along with it.

So in the end: [censored] WUS! :gun2::ninjastar:

So come, stay awhile, enjoy the freedom you have here. Visit WUS where you can enjoy :shutup2:

Well, all I said was: If you dont like WUS, OK but no need to spit in their face here. If you have solid reasons not to visit them, no one can force you to visit them. You can also post your dissapointment anywhere you like. I was just questioning the way some opinions were expressed here and the hate and offence included in those posts. That was not neccesary in my view.

And you can find lots of interresting posts in Chinese watches section, or in affordables section...