When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pictures from Mary

Hip Hop

Hi guys, just wondered if any if you would be kind enough to check my QC pics from Mary for any prolems/errors ect?

It's a 14k wrapped two tone Submariner with Swiss eta movement!

These are the original pics Mary supplied to show me what she had... 

5139337324_75c84790f9_b.jpg

5139337272_b3b02dbb4a_b.jpg

5138729985_4d431e4c50_b.jpg

And these are the pics of the actual watch she has sourced...

5139231258_cfd5815dfe_b.jpg

5138622661_396e7f9de1_b.jpg

5138622617_be464e0365_b.jpg

5139230980_cdfb19eb09_b.jpg

5138622389_76cdde69bf_b.jpg

5138622303_09776d81ef_b.jpg

5139230750_47a8d113f7_b.jpg

5138622159_d96cf9722f_b.jpg

Thanks very much!

Dan!

uhm theres a couple DIFFERENT watches shown there so which one are you actually going to get? ... compare the crown guards on pics # 1 and pic #5... completely different.. even the caseback sticker # is different.. The first one is better. Those crown guards on the second one are just weird looking.

dizz

Hi, thanks for the replies...I know they are 2 different watches as I mentioned above, the first watch were pictures mary had to show the watch she can get, the second watch is the actual watch she has sourced after I payed!...

I noticed the different model number too, it's odd because the first watch has the right model whilst the second one has a model number from a Datejust... :mellow:

I would like peoples opinions as the 2 watches do seem to look completely different, however it could just be the lighting? The first watch definitely looks a lot nicer though!

yep ask her to source the one you paid for. Its much better. The second one looks cheap to me. if you paid for swiss ETA then make sure thats what you are actually getting also. Not to say Mary is dishonest, but sometimes the factories just send the dealers whatever they feel like sending so the dealers dont always know exactly what they are getting.

Neither watch is exactly correct. Check out a gen from 2009,

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-18kt-SS-Rolex-Blue-SUBMARINER-List-9-300-/390077751026?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item5ad2721ef2

The dial markers are smaller. Mary's maxi markers are correct for a 116613 probably. But that would be the newer fatter case.

The second watch which you're getting should have the fatter minutes hand to go with the maxi marker dial.

The clasp is for the newer 116613 also.

Good news is it looks like the center SELs have gold returns on the sides.

The crown guards on you watch also need a trimming- straighten them up some.

This is a problem for the dealers because the factories are like a moving target- always changing stuff- basically building watches with whatever parts are available. And trying to point out subtle details to chinese dealers is like talking to the wall- I did it yesterday with DW! Luckily I can take what he's got and mod it to my liking. In your case, I don't know what you do. Maybe you ignore the minor inconsistencies and trim the cg's and go on...

I'm not surprised the dealers get things a bit wrong sometimes - when there's that many details to get right on just this one model, can you imagine trying to do it for the 100+ different models you sell regularly, and the many others that you might pick up from time to time on a customer's request?? :blink:

I have no doubt that Mary will have carefully selected that model from the stall, to make sure there were no cosmetic damages, but I think it fair to say she will not know the details mentioned in the above post!

The good thing about Mary is that she sends you the pics and lets you decide if you are happy with the model she has selected. In this case you may have to ask for her to source a different one which meets the detailed list of requirements above. If she can find it she will, she does all the work herself!

Have no doubt about the ETA movement though - if she says it's ETA, it will be ETA. That's one thing that Mary has not got wrong (to my knowledge) so far :)

Having bought a DSSD from Mary before, I knew that she was a good seller and the watch was great quality, so I went ahead and told her to send the watch, knowing that if the crown guards were the only big problem I could have them modded...

I received the watch yesterday and after the initial high of the watch finally arriving, I was unfortunately very dissapointed with it!...

It appears more like a second hand watch rather than a brand new one!

Firstly the crown doesn't screw in properly and is very rough to turn.

There are lots of scratches and dirt all over the watch, there's also quite bad scratches on the lugs, and the pins that hold the bracelet to watch body appear to be bent and are affecting the way the bracelet fits.

Also when comparing it to another watch I have, it's clear that the hour markers are in fact the maxi markers from the newer models despite this watch being the older model! (I know one of you guys mentioned this but I didnt see it!)

The lume on the watch also seems to be about 3 different shades of green, and when glowing this looks really bad!

I do however like the newer style clasp(I did ask for it), but I was expecting it to be the new glide lock clasp with the adjustable bracelet like on the DSSD, which it isn't.

I'm really not happy with this watch compared to how high the quality of the DSSD I got from Mary was, this watch seems very bad quality, and as such I have asked Mary for a full refund.

(and these are just a few problems I can see as a non pro!)

Dan.

Those are two completely different watches she showed you. not just different case sticker. Case is different, dial is different, bezel and insert are different. Both watches have very poor fitting end links. And yes in the pics of the second one you can see all the scratches from the springbars being put in a couple times by someone with a scratchy screwdriver or knife. Hopefully she lets you return it and hopefully she can find you a better quality one. Ask her to source you the "noobfactory" two tone submariner if possible.

Yeah I know they are 2 different watches...

Mary has said she will refund me, but only after she receives the watch back, now im just not sure how I would post something securely from the UK to China, without the watch going missing and then having no watch and no refund!

She also asked if I could send her a pic of the noobmariner two tone sub, could someone post a pic on here so I can send it to her?

Also what are my other alternatives/other sellers? I really want a two tone blue sub! :-(

It appears more like a second hand watch rather than a brand new one!

Firstly the crown doesn't screw in properly and is very rough to turn.

There are lots of scratches and dirt all over the watch, there's also quite bad scratches on the lugs, and the pins that hold the bracelet to watch body appear to be bent and are affecting the way the bracelet fits.

I must have purchased at least 10, maybe 12 watches from Mary, she's my primary supplier. I've never received any in that condition. I know that she is very busy now, but that is no excuse. I also know she has her younger brother helping her now and she was angry with him for lousy pics of a watch I wanted. Mary is trying to be the contact and 'bargainer' with the factories while her help handles the orders and shipping. Hopefully it's just growing pangs. Mary usually handles any issues beautifully. Luthier over on RWG1.1 is very close with Mary, and the very few complaints are jumped on immediately when brought to his attention. Ask her how to ship it back to her. I'm certain she will help you to your satisfaction.

Any dealer can sell us a new watch that is right. What makes a good dealer is how they handle it when something goes wrong. 

I am not sure of the best method of posting back to China - perhaps just Royal Mail Special Delivery? With reference on the packet of Watch Parts £20?

I'm not sure anyone apart from EMS offers tracking once it's gone out of the UK, but I don't know how to send EMS from the UK... :unsure:

I'm sure Mary will be able to find the watch you want if you can send her a picture (or several) with, perhaps, bullet points pointing out the differences to look for :) Nearly all the dealers shop in the same 'factories' so you are choosing the dealer based on the aftercare service and QC! Give Mary a chance and she should get it right, hopefully :) She does try!

Thanks for the replies guys! I'll send her some pics to show her what I want, but not being an expert myself there will still probably be things even I will miss!

Can anyone link me to, or send me some noobmariner pics to send onto her?

Thanks, Dan!

Dan,

If you dont mind, Can I ask how to contact the Mary ? I would like to order the same model as yours and would like to know about how good her watch is. I used to be WM9's customer but no more.

If you dont mind give me some advices about how to contact here or find another better dealer, i will be appreaciated . Please PM me if you think it's better way to communicate.

Thanks so much