When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

prestige watch co

mellons

For the record, PWC has made up loads of stuff about me that was all untrue, and posted it on RG. He went on to say that I was a dealer "shill" who received watches for free or at great discount for favourable forum reviews, all utter [censored], and lies.....

All I ever posted about him was how he scammed people on ioffer, selling Asian 7750 reps as Swiss and worse, while using the buyers ignorance as an excuse for his actions. A fact he admitted too in a thread on RG, all before they made him a "trusted" dealer, go figure :p

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who posted that in this thread? Who actually "stated" that, as you put it? Please can you quote the exact comment? :)

Some people like him but his operation is just too disorganized. Add his "charm" and "good manners" and you just wonder why you wasted your time in first place.

There probably a good reason why he's not a trusted dealer here.

I'd just stick with the tried and true dealers here at RWG.

B)

For the record, PWC has made up loads of stuff about me that was all untrue, and posted it on RG. He went on to say that I was a dealer "shill" who received watches for free or at great discount for favourable forum reviews, all utter [censored], and lies.....

All I ever posted about him was how he scammed people on ioffer, selling Asian 7750 reps as Swiss and worse, while using the buyers ignorance as an excuse for his actions. A fact he admitted too in a thread on RG, all before they made him a "trusted" dealer, go figure :p

Hmmm, MP you're digging a hole here. Most dealers here and everywhere else used to sell 'clones' as Swiss, offer waterproofing services that weren't done and some even said they didn't dropship when it has later been proved they did...and remember that was through the forums not iOffer...;)

edit: @Ken, this is my last post on the matter...

Edited by sconehead

How can you quote that post as if it is "stating" the other boards are not protecting their members, and that we are insulting the board admin and staff!? I guess you like making stuff up too? :lol:

Yes, selling Asian 7750 watches as Swiss ETA7750 is OK, and selling cheap faux chronos and quartz reps of canal street quality for $400+ is OK. Having 5 separate accounts on ioffer to help artificially inflate your feedback score with fakes sales is fine too. Seems like the perfect kind of dealer to invite to a rep watch forum! :rolleyes:

Most other dealers are angels when compared to this lowlife cretin :p

You clearly have no clue as to why these boards were originally created, they were made to inform and protect people from being ripped off, not to help line dealers pockets and put members at risk to a known and self confessed scammers! ;)

He's British, from Wales actually, so his English isn't half baked...for the record it was TTK who sourced them, followed by Narikaa (nymph's) and it was Pug who coined the phrase 'noobmariner'...not BK...

@MP...life's too short mate...let it go...I used to be the same about Josh/Andrew but have managed to move on.

@By-Tor...I think there were crossed lines in the RG thread. A wonky cyclops is a QC issue true but one that can be rectified by the dealer's service policy. You wrinkled PWC's feathers by telling everyone in your review thread to buy Reg's product. This in turn prompted him in correcting you that the crystal and lume had been upgraded and it wasn't the same old F520117 noobmariner. He called you a Turkey and the slanging match ensued, that's how I read it anyway.

At the OP, if you know the exact watch you want, follow his payment instructions which are quite simple and don't bombard him with questions you'll get a great watch at a cheap price delivered fast...that's my experience when I've bought from him anyway.

I have no agenda, am a member on all the boards and have used most of the dealers in repland past and present. I just found this thread very one sided and decided to speak up, no offence to anyone intended...peace...;)

Not to keep beating a dead horse. The fact that he's British is a good reason he writes and spells English so poorly?!

I'm not an expert but I believe BK was the first to refer to the factory as NoobFactory. At any rate, he is certainly highly regarded as a Rolex dealer and gentleman on all the fora. Everyone knows he doesn't have that ridiculous arrogant attitude that Robert has. He's a cruel sadistic

[censored] that gets a thrill from insulting people- especially newbies.

So far I've had several deals with him, all of which have gone through fine and the watches have arrived well packed and in ridiculously quick timescales - under a week is not uncommon!

If the buyer is happy to play buy his rules and accept that there is some risk attached to that (e.g. Resellers Special prices being cheap but with no re-shipping if lost/seized) there are savings to be made, at least in my (personal) experience.

Let's be fair and 'give the devil his due'.One of the reasons he has a big following on RG and RWG1

is that he sells alot of cheapies. For example; the $99 PAM specials which seem to be a good deal.

I have bought a couple of things myself, $90 SOSF, not too bad for the money but nothing like the old school

Cartel Steelfish for $300. I bought a IWC Big Pilot for $100- looked OK but lasted a month before the movement melted.

Pm'd him- no response.If you do happen to get a reply its often a snotty condescending remark. In other words:(Less then) ZERO AFTER SALE SERVICE. That's the reason there is such a long list here of people fed up with him.

Pretty much any dealer will sell you a minimum of three drop shipped watches (not the latest releases, or high end stuff) for a little less $$$, as long as you agree to take all delivery risk, and promise no comeback on defects and cosmetic flaws, or if the watch should simply stop working.....

He has a fantastic cartier Santos for sale at the mo, same case as the $1500 one, with new Swiss Sellita mvmt for $360 so ya gotta give him his dues.

All dealers carry that one. The same case as the $1500 is just marketing BS from Robert. Josh charges $378 and Tony at asian7750 $368 for the same watch.

Again save a few dollars and buy a big headache. Like everyone says, caveat emptor. If you want to gamble with your money try Vegas.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly,tell us how things go when you have a problem. Why RG would allow someone such Is this In there community Is beyond me.

There actually was a problem with my PAM104 with 7750 when it arrived. The DW was stuck, thought it was broken. Mailed Robert and he said he would replace the watch, no hazzle. Luckily there was probably only something jamming the DW because it started working after doing a little "exercise" on the crown...

But that just my story, unfortunate if other of you had problems...

Wow! Not another Robert bashing thread? And full of the usual suspects........................ :whistling:

Usual suspects?? I dont think so. People are just sharing there experence with this rude unprofessional dealer. I have seen many times how this guy responds to members,totally unexceptable. :thumbdown: He would not last a day here. RWG has more respect for It's members than some other rep communitys. :whistling:

There is no point in bashing Prestige watch co here. The dealer is not here to defend himself. Personally I have bought a watch from him with no problems. But as you can tell just from this thread there are enough folks who were unhappy on this forum that he is not a registered dealer at RWG.

If you are buying from him you are buying at another forum where I am sure there are plenty of reviews for people to make up their own minds.

Usual suspects?? I dont think so. People are just sharing there experence with this rude unprofessional dealer. I have seen many times how this guy responds to members,totally unexceptable. :thumbdown: He would not last a day here. RWG has more respect for It's members than some other rep communitys. :whistling:

Oh but I do think so. Try reading the Robert bashing threads on other forums in the past and the same people keep showing up. One at least was actually banned from another forum for personal attacks on this dealer and has a chip on his shoulder so big it's the whole potato. It's amazing how many fragile egos there are on these forums. Sure Robert is not for everyone, you take him as he is on his terms (for which there are good reasons) or stay away, but the suggestion that other 'rep communities' have less respect for their members is frankly ludicrous, at least Robert hasn't pulled stunts like Eurotimez and WM9...............................:whistling:

Consider - Robert clearly has more satisfied than dissatisfied customers or he'd go out of business. And as Watchmeister says, he's not here to defend himself, so the attacks are even more cowardly and one sided.