When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top Gear America

Irontomkidd

Did anyone else watch the new Top Gear America?

I am a big fan of Top Gear, and although I thought the New American version would be a giant dog turd (as franchised tv shows usually are). I have to admit, this wasn’t bad.

Buzz Aldrin was the guest for their “Big Star Small Car” segment and I couldn’t help but notice he was wearing two watches. He had an Omega Seamaster Pro on his left wrist, and what looked like a Gold Speedy on his right.

I would be interested to see it but I guess it wont be here in UK for a while.

Although I was a big fan of Top Gear in all its forms from the early days to the present format. For me it has become too staid, same old same old and more an indulgence for the presenters rather than a vehicle (excuse the pun) for showing us wannabe petrol heads whats out there.

But thats me ;)

Ha, trying to REP the most successful billion dollar BBC franchise into an American version, good luck with that one...it won't be 1:1! My entire family watches Top Gear and you can't just create the show in another country and expect it to be the same, because it won't be!

I'll gladly watch another car show, but it won't be the same IMO! Just me ;)

Top gear has ended for this season and will return in January, but a special episode will air in December.

For me it has become too staid, same old same old and more an indulgence for the presenters rather than a vehicle (excuse the pun) for showing us wannabe petrol heads whats out there.

To a degree, I agree with you. Some of the regular features (I am thinking about the celebrity drive in a cheap car) got 'old' early on (after the gimmick wore off). Now, I just fast forward through them. Some of the boys' challenges (car vs boat, car vs train, etc) have also run their course. But when they actually get down to the job of reviewing (especially with that spectacular photography) & interacting with each other, the show, today, is as fresh & unbeatable as it was a dozen years ago.

To a degree, I agree with you. Some of the regular features (I am thinking about the celebrity drive in a cheap car) got 'old' early on (after the gimmick wore off). Now, I just fast forward through them. Some of the boys' challenges (car vs boat, car vs train, etc) have also run their course. But when they actually get down to the job of reviewing (especially with that spectacular photography) & interacting with each other, the show, today, is as fresh & unbeatable as it was a dozen years ago.

In the USA, what channel is the US version on?Sorry, found it. I searched last week and found nadda.

FYI, it's on The History Channel.

Although I was a big fan of Top Gear in all its forms from the early days to the present format. For me it has become too staid, same old same old and more an indulgence for the presenters rather than a vehicle (excuse the pun) for showing us wannabe petrol heads whats out there.

But thats me ;)

watch it online HERE

watch it online HERE

Thanks mate :)

As usual I cant watch it !!! Its the same with all US shows it shows the advert then says this cannot be played in my area !! I think it reads my IP address recognises I am in UK and cuts me off !!

I had this trying to watch the last episode of Monk and some Family guy shows when they first aired!!

can you guys try accessing the link using an anonymous web proxy like www.ninjacloak.com ?

Mate I have no idea what that is but I shall look now, thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Just tried it ...no good. It opens the link site you gave in its own web page but the video wont play ((

Thanks again though :)

But thats me ;)

Couldn't agree more , I just don't get it I always preferred the old show on the BBC2 in fact Fifth gear would be my car show of choice. I'd be keen to see the USA just for the chance to see some Infinitis & Acura as well as the performance Jap/Korean cars that are purely in the USA.

try again bud

it works for me

remember to UNCHECK the Remove Scripts box before ya press Go

Thanks again

I did as you suggested but no joy, it still wont work. But now I have removed the scripts it does say this "The content you are trying to access is not available in your area."

I appreciate your help though mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks again

I did as you suggested but no joy, it still wont work. But now I have removed the scripts it does say this "The content you are trying to access is not available in your area."

I appreciate your help though mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Torrents are your best friend, guys :)

"Top Gear" America is HORRIBLE - I don't know why they bothered. Its rubbish without the funny, edgy, Brits. BBC Top Gear cracks me up so much (they re-ran the Top Gear Winter Olympics last night..."I don't want to eat golden snow!!!!" haha. "Top Gear" America gave me douche chills. I loved seeing the Viper but its just like any other boring car show that belongs on Speed channel or something....I hope they dump it or re-name it.

Im a pretty smart guy (at least I think so). Could someone give a simple tutorial on how to use torrents? Client, how to dnld?

1. Download a program like uTorrent

2. Goto thepiratebay.org or similar site you can search for what you want.

3. You essentially download the tiny torrent file for the thing you are looking for and then it opens in your torrent program and will automatically download it for you to enjoy :)

1. Download a program like uTorrent

2. Goto thepiratebay.org or similar site you can search for what you want.

3. You essentially download the tiny torrent file for the thing you are looking for and then it opens in your torrent program and will automatically download it for you to enjoy :)

Do you dnld the whole file or do you dnld multiple files to get a movie or program?

Do you dnld the whole file or do you dnld multiple files to get a movie or program?

When you're searching for torrents on the web you're able to download that tiny little torrent file which is an informational file or table of contents of sorts that contains the instructions for your torrent program to go find everybody else using that "tracker" as they are called and fetch the pieces you need to makeup the whole thing you're trying to download.