When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lost my job today ...

Martyd3

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. Look it it this way, I will be able to spend more time with my RWG friends :) Truth be told, the job sucked and I wasn't happy. I had an hour and a half commute (on a good day), I didn't like what I was doing and it wasn't going to get any better. I have a couple of things in the pipeline, but sitting here when you know you should be at work, is unnerving. Like someone said; what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.

Marty

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. Look it it this way, I will be able to spend more time with my RWG friends :) Truth be told, the job sucked and I wasn't happy. I had an hour and a half commute (on a good day), I didn't like what I was doing and it wasn't going to get any better. I have a couple of things in the pipeline, but sitting here when you know you should be at work, is unnerving. Like someone said; what doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.

Marty

Marty you have a great attitude,thats half the battle right there my man :good:

Marty

Hey Marty.......so it's not that bad after all! Sometimes things like this happens for a reason! Maybe this is what you need for a change. It did to me before and things and everything turned out okay....as it would for you! Hang in there and goodluck with the job search. Let us know if we could be of help in one way or another!

On the same note, you're the second one here on RWG that lost his job recently that I know of! He's been quite about it, but I know, just like you, he's been on the positive and up and up attitude about it!

Cheerio my friend!:victory:

F-

Just trace your steps and think about the last place you saw it. =@

Poor timing perhaps but seriously, when god closes a door, he opens a window.

Marty

Dude, it's "what hurts you but doesn't kill you makes you stronger". People always forget about the hurting part.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's not watch selling time yet, but I will let you know. I am in the insurance business. I was a territory manager for an insurance company. I can handle losing the job, but with my dad passing away in October, it's just hard. I know life is not fair, but this just sucks.

Sorry to hear that Marty!!

I feel for ya - reading that we are workmates too.

Im in insurance biz to, learned insurance broker from 96-99 -

from 99 till today i am self-employed as an agent.

You bet i had hard times too - i resigned 2 times

from different companies and do work at the same company since 2003...

In our business you can not be 100% sure if you are

going to make it and stay in your position another 3 or 5 years.

Whatever - changes in occupation/workplace do sometimes

also bring good turns in life.

Before this i learned Toolmaker from 93 till 96 (at GM - Adam Opel AG)

I really am wishing you the best!!

Stay strong, dont loose hope and go grab your next chance!

Best Regards

George

Marty

I feel for you Marty but with such an attitude I'm confident it's a change for better.

I've been through this (the job) 10 months ago and now I feel so much better as I have new challenges in front of me!

As for the loss of a Dad, as said, every one reacts differently but it is allways hard.

Accept my best thoughts.

In short: you are now stronger.

All the best,

Stephane

Marty

Sorry for your loss Marty and for the loss of your job but you have a good attitude, have some self time and keep smiling, you have a good attitude so things will work out

I too lost my job a couple of months ago and can feel your pain. It doesn't help that you have lost a parent. I know you are being positive and optimistic..this will get you through. This is a good time to re-evaluate life and enjoy the company of those who really matter..your family. In the end, you will find another job, hopefully one you feel realized and happy with. All the best, and my condolescences.