When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Puretime 1680 as a tudor snowflake base?

what2

Is the Tudor sub dial the same diameter as the rolex 1680 dial? If so then it should work in the PT sub case. Gen dial fit in my PT case... its close, but it will work. How about the DW case set?

I built a snowflake quite successfully w/ a rep 1680. however the Tudor gen sub dial is 26mm, a bit smaller than the rep dial & may not work. The solution in my case : I had the rep dial re-done beautifully into a blue snowflake.I also had the datewheel redone in red . The hands were an odd sizeyet Jay at motorcity watchworks had them. The rep bracelet w/ Tudor id came from JMB.. It turned out very well..Side by side w/ my gens it's not perceptable....A fun inexpensive project..Regards, mcotter

I seem to recall comming close to purchasing a "Tudor Kit" 9411/0 and the case was going to be the 1680 from josh.

The deal never went through as it seems it was sent to The Zigmeister and the seller later told me it wasn't built due to parts not fitting correctly.

I'm not exactly certain what didn't fit but I am certain the build intended was with the 1680 from Josh.

Since then I've realized that the case back wouldn't be right as the Tudor has an engraved case back.

a great forumer donated a 1680 rep case to the cause, and I have my gen snowflake to compare... while there are subtle differences all around the biggest difference is in fact the caseback, other than that the cases are very close in size and shape. The contrasts are not to the point of killing the project since all I really am after is a snowflake looking watch that I can get wet. I'll take some comparison pictures once the sun comes fully up out here in seattle.

• 8 months later...