When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where can I find a MBW 1665 GWSD dial?

Zackb911

I'd really love to convert my 1665 DRSD to a GWSD. I've been trolling the for sale section and posted a wanted listing but no luck as of yet. Does anyone know of a dealer who sells just the dial? Or perhaps an equivalent dial which would line up and mount correctly?

Thanks!

I have an MBW GW dial and hands that came off of a build I am putting together currently that I would be willing to part with. I'll PM you pics.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately ingod doesn't seem to have those GWSD dials at that price. As an aside does the Ingod dial have good lume?

So far:

I've picked up a Gen 703 crown ($32)

ordered a crown tube and spring bars from Yuki ($15)

Clark Tudor hands from eBay ($14)

Clark Tropic 39 (Rolex Service Crystal Profile $27)

Have a replacement ETA movement from a more than generous member. (Free)

and she's currently enroute to JMB to have the lugs drilled and hopefully the crystal installed.

*I've yet to order but plan on getting a lume pearl from Ofrei as well ($20)

So the GWSD dial is the last thing missing well and possibly a better datewheel overlay. Down the road I'd love to buy or piece together a Gen bracelet as funds become available.

Unfortunately ingod doesn't seem to have those GWSD dials at that price. As an aside does the Ingod dial have good lume?

Bummer. As for Lume, no, it simulates dead tritium, which would be correct. In my build, going for the service look, I have what would be the equivalent of 'original dial' but with Lumi hands and insert. Not uncommon for serviced Gens. So when I come in from outside the hands and pearl glow nice and bright.

Not that you want to go that direction, but I have a "Single" Red SD dial from MBW.

This is the "ingod44" Rail dial from eBay the WHITE -not- Patina:

9a25pp1010079.jpg

I've never seen a " T SWISS T <25" before on a dial and I was just going to make fun of it until I did one last check....

And heres one on www.doubleredseadweller.com

I guess you learn something every day!

post-6336-0-88728700-1293881102.jpg

• 4 weeks later...