When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling - The New Transocean Chronograph Caliber 01 Limited Edition

StormTooper4

Dont have a Breit in the ST4 watch box, might be persuaded to add one of these if they ever bring them out, I do like a classic chrono

RTEmagicC_BRTransocean_01.jpg.jpg

RTEmagicC_BRTransocean1_01.jpg.jpg

RTEmagicC_BRTransocean2_01.jpg.jpg

TTECHNICAL DATAMovement

Breitling Caliber 01, officially chronometer-certified by the COSC, selfwinding, high-frequency (28,800 vibrations per hour), 47 jewels. Over 70-hour power reserve. 1/4th of a second chronograph, 30-minute and 12-hour totalizers. Calendar.

Case

Steel or 18K red gold. Water-resistant to 100 m (330 ft/ 10 bars). Convex sapphire crystal, glareproofed on both sides. Transparent sapphire crystal caseback. Diameter: 43 mm.

Dials

Black or Mercury Silver.

Straps/bracelet

Barenia leather, crocodile leather Ocean Classic (steel version only).

So a great Size at 43mmGot A7753 screaming out for it surely

ST4

Not a single Breitling, Stormtrooper?

Not even a Steelfish? Or a Navi? Or an Avenger? Montbrillant?

*shakes head* how can you call yourself a watch collector... Tsk tsk! :)

I know its amazing I never even knew there was a section here that even began with B.

I thought we only had R and P.

You're right of course , its on the list promise

At first glance, it looked like a Tag. The dial design remind me of the older daytonas and Tags recently. Appropriate that it is in the Heritage line. Anyone know what the case size is? I think a rep would have a sunken dw problem.

The new A7753 reps should take care of the datewheel problem, and the cadesixe is 43mm excl. crown. Perfect size for everyday wear.

definitely don't like it...not at all...it has no resemblance to anything remotely Breitling...

looks like any other generic chronograph...one could replace the "B" on the dial with any other brand logo emblem...

:thumbdown:

@ST4...check out the SuperOcean Heritage Chronograph or the non-chrono version...you might like these and these are Breitlingesque in design...

R

At first glance, it looked like a Tag. The dial design remind me of the older daytonas and Tags recently. Appropriate that it is in the Heritage line. Anyone know what the case size is? I think a rep would have a sunken dw problem.

Yep Vintage Carerraesq or pre daytona Rolex

definitely don't like it...not at all...it has no resemblance to anything remotely Breitling...

looks like any other generic chronograph...one could replace the "B" on the dial with any other brand logo emblem...

:thumbdown:

@ST4...check out the SuperOcean Heritage Chronograph or the non-chrono version...you might like these and these are Breitlingesque in design...

R

I really liked the Heritage's when they came out and nearly got one but for some reason I cant get past the B'Ling. I also really like the old and new Chronmatics plane , i guess black bezels are more my thing, shame the new one is a silly sized

I love the watch but have to agree somewhat with -R. However, I think lacking B-lingness is part of the "charm"?

For sure thats why I like them , No 5 lots tachemeters rings messing up the place like a navi or bent, or the fortess like protrusions or the rest of the range. Its subtlety is a refreshing change and will be very appealing to those who don't normally class them selves as Breit fans

Yep Vintage Carerraesq or pre daytona Rolex

I really liked the Heritage's when they came out and nearly got one but for some reason I cant get past the B'Ling. I also really like the old and new Chronmatics plane , i guess black bezels are more my thing, shame the new one is a silly sized

For sure thats why I like them , No 5 lots tachemeters rings messing up the place like a navi or bent, or the fortess like protrusions or the rest of the range. Its subtlety is a refreshing change and will be very appealing to those who don't normally class them selves as Breit fans

Give 'em a try. I have to say, I wasnt a huge fan until I actually held a good rep. Then it went to a whole new level when I owned the gen. Believe me, there IS something special about B'lings in spite of their generic (Until now) movements. The finishing and quality is unsurpassed in its price and possibly above. Yes, I own gen Omega's and other Gen watches....

Give them a try. :drinks:

I have to say, I like this direction for Breitling over the B01 and other models that have adopted the "Tron" numerals, all though, this piece is kind of plain. I would like to see more movement spin-offs from the B01. The movements was designed to be modular, so it could be used across many lines of the Breitling collection.

Initially, I didn't like it. I certainly don't like the black w/silver subs. Looks like a naked Navi...

but the white/cream dial is appealling to me more and more. Yes it is bland by comparison, yes it could be any manufacturer, yes it will appeal to another market of buyers. It is subtle though, and still has the Breitling functionality. Where a Skyland or Chronomat is too brash, the TO is elegant and classy. Definately not a watch for the younger collector.

• 1 month later...

I resurrecting this post cos I was sitting in the Cafe area at my garage waiting to pick my car up from a service and flicking through a magazine I saw this Advert for the Trans

transocean.jpg

This a ling I want , so what happened with the A7753 movement, this should be a no brainer, I know its not most Breit fans most desire watch , but Its simplicity is most appealling.

Anyone know if its in the works for after CNY, pretty please

ST

I am going to have to go against my fellow Breitling enthusiasts. I like the look of this and I do think it has visual ties to the vintage Breitling chronos. I agree it does not carry any of the modern Breitling hallmarks but it does sill look Breitling to me.

Here are a few examples of what I mean

br10046-top-time-dial.jpg

breitling_top-time_aopa_vintage_military_chronograph_watch.jpg

breitling_premier_steel_vintage_triple_register_chronograph-250x250.jpg