When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My WM9 finally arrived!

takosan

After one month of waiting, my sub "Supreme" is finally here. The watch has a superb look and feeling. The case is very good.The bezel has nice teeth and the clicks are gen like but the pearl is not great.The crown is a bit large but not like the giant crown of the noobmariner.The crowguards needs some work. Dial- nice dial with the rare flat "S". One of the two best things (in my opinion) of this watch is the rehaut.Deep with perfect angle,even the engraving has perfect alignment! The second best thing is the sel fit.Nice and tight inside the lugs. Overall im very happy with this watch.I think it is - with some mods- the best sub you can buy after BK stop selling his v3 subs.

post-30015-0-28183400-1292856019.jpg

post-30015-0-91249400-1292856098.jpg

post-30015-0-71960800-1292856148.jpg

post-30015-0-32671300-1292856272.jpg

post-30015-0-55807700-1292856337.jpg

post-30015-0-63944700-1292856377.jpg

Where did you get the watch? Is this a new WM9 Sub from WM9? I was under the opinion that WM9 has disappeared. That'sa great looking watch, as you said it definitely needs a genuine Crown/tube and some CG reshaping. Would be nice if it were ever disassembled to see if you could remove the rehault engraving ( That is if you don'y like the Rolex, Rolex, Rolex around the rehault).

Looks goods, my friend. I DO like the Flat "S". :victory:

Have you tried removing the bezel yet?

I'm curious as to the construction of the bezel assembly.

I'd also be curious to know what the engravings are between the lugs.

From the "research" I've done regarding the origin of WM9 cases, I came up with a WM9 being a MBW/MBK with WM9 mods.

At least thats how I interpret what I've found.

Edited by d-rock

This watch does not come from or as far as I know have anything to do with WM9 watches. This is a Taiwan produced watch as is WM9's but I think they are different factories.

This watch has a great SEL and a very sweet crystal and correct date font but does not have superlume. The bracelet used to have solid mid links but not sure about these new ones.

Enjoy your lovely watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

the bezel construction is like the gen -

it has nothing to do with WM9 - but it uses gen like construction, bezel, crystal, crown, insert and so on are

exchangeable with the gen parts. i would call it TW-Best as it still shares the same funky caseback sticker like

the old TW-Subs 5 years ago ;)

whatever you call it - it the best Sub you can get right now.

it will need a few mods, but has better potential than the WM9 V3 - where they [censored] up the middle case :)

my Supreme says hello :)

IMG_6506.jpg

cheers,

Frank

It is technically a WM9 V1 watch as George used to make them before one of the dealers (PT or Precious Time) took stock of the V1 caseset and transformed it into the Supreme Sub that you see now. MBW/Euromariner V4's also used the same V1 caseset but also discontinued when Eurotimez went awol. I thought these were out of stock more than a year ago. So I was surprised to see that it is still available today.

I have/had owned all the different rep versions from cheapie canal street crap to the latest WM9 V3. I have to say that I like the WM9 V1 or V2 casesets the best. The WM9 V3 caseset is not bad but the oversized bezel, incorrect crown position and lousy SEL fitment drove it all the way to the bottom of my list. The WM9 V2 case is better than the V3 but the SEL fitment is still not great and for me that is the biggest problem. So I looked around and found that the WM9 V1/PT Supreme Sub/MBW-Euromariner V4 casesets (aka the V1 caseset) were the best in terms of the SEL fit. Coupled with the latest MBW SEL bracelet with hollow mid-links, the SEL fitment can't be beat. If you have one, you know what I mean. Also, the V1 caseset has gen-like bezel construction just like the WM9 V2 or V3 casesets. What this means is, the V1 caseset is a perfect candidate for my sub project ...

In the end, I had my modded WM9 which I call the WM9 Hybrid since it is made up of so many parts from various makers including WM9. Here is a couple of pics of my highly modded WM9 Hybrid:

PC120193.jpg

PC120194.jpg

PC120196.jpg

:)

Edited by R_Squared

The bracelet has solid mid links and the caseback has the stupid green sticker with the 16610 on it.The watch cost me 370$ and took one month to receive it after the payment.PT told me that the supreme sub is available in limited quantity.His webstore has problems,send him a pm.

post-30015-0-85172500-1292924406.jpg

post-30015-0-44923100-1292924473.jpg

post-30015-0-05188700-1292924518.jpg

post-30015-0-71363200-1292924675.jpg

My understanding was George and MBW all use the Tiawan source for their Subs.... If thats the case surely just buying these direct will give you the project base rather then paying or rather trying to find the MBW or WM versions.

O.T.

Jeff without wanting to TC have you any specs to go with your LV mate. I have just bought one I plan to mod and your info would be really appreciated :) Apologies for the Noob quesion mate

My understanding was George and MBW all use the Tiawan source for their Subs.... If thats the case surely just buying these direct will give you the project base rather then paying or rather trying to find the MBW or WM versions.

O.T.

Jeff without wanting to TC have you any specs to go with your LV mate. I have just bought one I plan to mod and your info would be really appreciated :) Apologies for the Noob quesion mate

Definitely agree on the same taiwan source for this caseset, but WM9 is the one that first pioneered it and then MBW/MBK followed with the same caseset but used their dials, hands, crown and crystal which are generally sub-par (except for the dial) compared to the same versions from WM9. The MBW/MBK dial is essentially a noobfactory dial but with stronger lume (but not super). This dial is perfect for an early F serial sub like mine above. :)

@takosan - that is a good price but still needs some work. I would at the very least remove the inner rehaut engravings, swap out the dw with a BK version, add a gen crown and trim the CG. The reason for removing the inner rehaut engraving is because the gen sub with the flat "S" in "Submariner" on the dial only existed in late D or early Z serials for the 16610 and these do not have inner rehaut engravings.

yeah nice conversation as I am always on the look for the best 16610 rep.

I own a gen 16610LN, WM9 v3 with gen crown (the watch is ok but not convincing for the price), a Supreme 16610LV (to me the best case set, but other flaws as total watch) and 2 noobmariner (not to mention since they are really weak, i don´t share the opinion of others that it is a good rep for the money. maybe it´s worth the little money but it´s not a good rep).

I was wondering if anyone of you guys know where to get just the case set of the MBW/MBK or Supreme or wm9 v1 (whatever)? Maybe we can order together and a larger amount. But i would be happy if I could get at least 1 or 2 casesets.

The reason why I am not convinced of the wm9 v3 16610LV from bk is the SEL fit is really lausy to me, the lume is ok but not outstanding, but the clark crystal has to wide edges (don´t know how to explain in english). compared to the gen the crystal is too "sea-dweller-like". the cgs are ok but not outstanding and maybe the datewheel is ok, but to be honest the last thing I am looking for is the datewheel since you cannot spot this always in different angles.

The wm9 v1 supreme (however) from PT has a very good rep SEL fit but the bracelet arrived with so many abresion already that it really made me wondering. the dial with the flat s is not very sharp in printing and not accurate since the flat s is not available with rehaut engraving and not with a LV, that was really funny. the rehaut engraving is not crisp and clear. In the meantime i have this dial and hands let been relumed with superluminova but not c1 or c3, i forgot the tech name but it has been done by fineDD and he uses the stronger superluminova lume which appears to me like the gen one. I guess as i asked PT if the supreme is available as LV he just let mounting big dots and hands to the regular supreme since fineDD realised that someone did aweful work on the dial markers with the glue...haha, he fixed that.

coming back, i would really be interested in those cases (not the entire supreme) and maybe I am getting here some more information where to source a 16610 dial in top quality.

thank you guys Eider

yeah nice conversation as I am always on the look for the best 16610 rep.

I own a gen 16610LN, WM9 v3 with gen crown (the watch is ok but not convincing for the price), a Supreme 16610LV (to me the best case set, but other flaws as total watch) and 2 noobmariner (not to mention since they are really weak, i don´t share the opinion of others that it is a good rep for the money. maybe it´s worth the little money but it´s not a good rep).

I was wondering if anyone of you guys know where to get just the case set of the MBW/MBK or Supreme or wm9 v1 (whatever)? Maybe we can order together and a larger amount. But i would be happy if I could get at least 1 or 2 casesets.

The reason why I am not convinced of the wm9 v3 16610LV from bk is the SEL fit is really lausy to me, the lume is ok but not outstanding, but the clark crystal has to wide edges (don´t know how to explain in english). compared to the gen the crystal is too "sea-dweller-like". the cgs are ok but not outstanding and maybe the datewheel is ok, but to be honest the last thing I am looking for is the datewheel since you cannot spot this always in different angles.

The wm9 v1 supreme (however) from PT has a very good rep SEL fit but the bracelet arrived with so many abresion already that it really made me wondering. the dial with the flat s is not very sharp in printing and not accurate since the flat s is not available with rehaut engraving and not with a LV, that was really funny. the rehaut engraving is not crisp and clear. In the meantime i have this dial and hands let been relumed with superluminova but not c1 or c3, i forgot the tech name but it has been done by fineDD and he uses the stronger superluminova lume which appears to me like the gen one. I guess as i asked PT if the supreme is available as LV he just let mounting big dots and hands to the regular supreme since fineDD realised that someone did aweful work on the dial markers with the glue...haha, he fixed that.

coming back, i would really be interested in those cases (not the entire supreme) and maybe I am getting here some more information where to source a 16610 dial in top quality.

thank you guys Eider

I definitely agree with your sentiments around the WM9 V3 especially the SEL fitment - drives me bonkers.

By the way, the rep flat S dial on PT's supreme sub is very accurate and I can attest to that since I HAVE the gen sub with the flat S as well as the rep flat S dial. Not sure what you are comparing to but its dead on accurate on the wrist. Also, not all the gen sub dials have consistent thickness in printing. Some are thinner and some are bolder. The MBW Euromariner V4/nobbfactory sub dial is a super accurate F series dial. The other very good rep sub dials are the flat S above and the one in WM9's V2/V3 versions.

Also, my WM9 Hybrid above is a rep of the Mark 2 F serial LV in case you are wondering ...

i'll check on the production status of that case for you in the new year, as i want some more 16610 mbk cases as well and planned to pick some up including A serial ones

Thanks. I wouldn't mind picking up another so I can convert my old school MBW black sub below into this WM9 V1 caseset:

PC120202.jpg

Not interested in the WM9 V2 or V3 caseset unless the SEL fitment looks as good as this one.

:)

Edited by R_Squared

thanks mate, i was comparing this flat s dial with my gen 16610. when i come home, i take some pics for you to see what i am talking about, maybe i have a different dial than you.

I would like to join the orders for case sets if possible.

I really like the hybrid from you, very good SEL fit. This and the rehaut are the most important things to me since you cannot fix that afterwards. good talk here regarding sub, i think i need to come here more often.

thanks mate, i was comparing this flat s dial with my gen 16610. when i come home, i take some pics for you to see what i am talking about, maybe i have a different dial than you.

I would like to join the orders for case sets if possible.

I really like the hybrid from you, very good SEL fit. This and the rehaut are the most important things to me since you cannot fix that afterwards. good talk here regarding sub, i think i need to come here more often.

No problem E. Love my hybrid a lot. Kept it b/c I wanted a nice green LV F serial sub to go with my gen flat S D serial black sub.

You probably have a different series gen sub. They all don't have the same exact dial fonts/print sizes. The gen flat S sub that represented by the rep flat S dial above is only found in late D or early Z serial modern subs. I remember seeing some older series subs (I think its the 168000 old subs) with the flat S dial but the dial text is of a slightly different font type & a bit bolder.