When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111J

For $200, the new 111J is an exceptional value. The case is excellent, bezel has service notch like the genuine, the lug screw bars are well made, both crewed in perfectly and at the right distant, crown is springloaded and looks great as well. The watch however have several weak areas such as the crystal, CG, weak lume on the hands, and the movement. But hey, it's $200 included shipping, it's a steal!!!

dsc02109q.jpg

dsc02110n.jpg

About the crystal, it seems to be much more "dull" than average rep crystal, also the AR is awful. I replaced it with the OEM spec crystal from Bigcrown. Wished I took the picture to show the difference.

The CG, the lever sticking out too far. Known issue on all of the new 111J. The CG on the 177L is much better.

Yes, we all want perfect rep, but that would never happened. I have never found any "conflicting" with personalized my watches. In fact, all of my watches were modded to be different than the genuine because I know I cannot achieve 1:1 replication of the genuine piece.

I was just looking what would happen if you lumed the lot and it does not seam to work as well as just the hands

Can you do the color in red? Like Texaco red? I actually wanted to do the handset with red lume but don't have it. I wonder what the full red lume looks like :thumbsupsmileyanim:

About the crystal, it seems to be much more "dull" than average rep crystal, also the AR is awful. I replaced it with the OEM spec crystal from Bigcrown. Wished I took the picture to show the difference.

The CG, the lever sticking out too far. Known issue on all of the new 111J. The CG on the 177L is much better.

Yes, we all want perfect rep, but that would never happened. I have never found any "conflicting" with personalized my watches. In fact, all of my watches were modded to be different than the genuine because I know I cannot achieve 1:1 replication of the genuine piece.

Thanks, good info! The more posts I read the more I'm convinced the 177 is the best choice.

We all want a 'perfect' rep and than we just feel like luming the hands red!?....IMO rather confliting :animal_rooster:

I dont see the problem modding the watch to how you want it rep or gen, some times you just cant get exactly what you want and customising is the only way to go

Where did you get the gen cg??

From time to time, the oem parts show up in the trade area here, and on other replica boards as well. Ebay and viapaneristi.com also good place. Be prepare to pay big $$$ for Panerai OEM parts though. They command high prices.

• 2 weeks later...

I just recently recieved my 111j but I do not see the bezel removal notch on it. Also when I release the lever the crown does not move at all. It stays exactly where it was when the lever was closed. There is also no ability to hack the movement in my 111, when you pull the crown the seconds hand just keeps ticking. Starting to wonder if my 111J is even the new one.

I just recently recieved my 111j but I do not see the bezel removal notch on it. Also when I release the lever the crown does not move at all. It stays exactly where it was when the lever was closed. There is also no ability to hack the movement in my 111, when you pull the crown the seconds hand just keeps ticking. Starting to wonder if my 111J is even the new one.

This movement does not hack, not even the gen 6497. The crown doesn't really move that much, either, so I wouldn't worry about it.

hmmmm...

is the crystal on the 111J and the 177L the same?...

i received my 177L and no complaints whatsoever...i find the crystal to be pretty good...very seriously impressed with the 177L...ok, so its not repliamaniacally perfect, but it sure is damn close...definitely passing for gen to anyone other than well-informed rep freaks or eagle-eyed Ristis...