When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Heritage Chrono rep

nomad89

ST4: Too many differences to list, but I think it would look credible at arm's length. (Better still: two arm-lengths!) Its main problem at first glance is how compressed the dial looks, relative to the case. As you mentioned, the subdials are too close to the center. Consequently, so are all the dial markings and the date window, leaving a big gray (or black) band between the white track and the rehaut. Also, the subdials would have been better without the concentric texture. That's the kind of thing that will leap out in certain lighting.

Now I'm wondering if I should order this or the Heuer Silverstone rep! Anything I should know about ordering from Taobao?

LHOOQ dont worry I know this is not event really close, but its the only option for now.

Here are some Pictures

Black

Quartz

T1U.xVXfBsXXXlmoU__111047.jpg

Gen

tudor---heritage-chrono-soldier.jpg

Grey

Quartz

T1inNVXldCXXXKy0A__105722.jpg

Gen

tudor_heritage_grey_1.jpg

White

Quartz

T1gXFWXctbXXcxe8.__110413.jpg

Yeah theres alot wrong , pretty much everything is in the place and metal surrounds on the hour markers?

I'd be buying a Silverstone from Sean if i was you

ST4

Does the Silverstone have a 7734 Valjoux rep movement?

No, it has the same funny setup as the more recent Heuer Monaco reps: Quartz, but with a dummy crown on the left to represent a Cal.12 movement, or whatever they use in the new version. I like the overall look of the blue version, but I think this may be something I end up buying at some street market! Ditto for the Tudor rep. Speaking of which...

I'm looking at that white dial THC again, and I think it might work if the homeplates and hands were lumed or painted black, sort of like on the 'blackout' 1019 Milgauss...

Thanks LHOOQ, I've printed both the rep & gen photos...Side by side the rep is not horrible, in fact it's reasonable in the grey. My hope is that a credible mechanical rep is on the way as the quartz version is a bit underwhelming! Yet I may buy one as the MC is very special in the re-introduced foremat....Where can this version be had?

Regards, mcotter

Thanks LHOOQ, I've printed both the rep & gen photos...Side by side the rep is not horrible, in fact it's reasonable in the grey. My hope is that a credible mechanical rep is on the way as the quartz version is a bit underwhelming! Yet I may buy one as the MC is very special in the re-introduced foremat....Where can this version be had?

Regards, mcotter

if you can get me the grey one as well and I can pay you it would be really appreciated as I cannot for the life of me work through this site despite the best efforts of goggle translation i get stuck on the payment part, under 60$ is a bargain http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1238570781

After much kicking and howling my GZ parts supplier has reluctantly agreed to pick up one of these for me. He said, "It's a cheap quartz fake, I can't guarantee quality..." I told him it was a small price to pay to satisfy my curiosity so he will pick it up after the New Years holiday, unless he changes his mind... I'll post up some pics if I ever get it... :whistling:

After much kicking and howling my GZ parts supplier has reluctantly agreed to pick up one of these for me. He said, "It's a cheap quartz fake, I can't guarantee quality..." I told him it was a small price to pay to satisfy my curiosity so he will pick it up after the New Years holiday, unless he changes his mind... I'll post up some pics if I ever get it... :whistling:

:tu: :tu: :tu: If it comes through okay, might you be able to twist his arm to acquire another :pray: I have some vintaging plans for this watch, which I think might be quite effective :whistling:

Much appreciated, amigo :) The watch chassis doesn't really matter to me, I'm literally only after the movement and the dial, as I plan a transfer to an existing Daytona case I have, as well as re-finishing the dial to look more like a 7032. I want to remove the existing dial markers, and replace them with 'baseplates' cut from white vinyl, then lume over the vinyl and matte spray the finished article :victory: Not going to be 100%, but I figure it'll be getting that way :) At least, that's my idea :whistling::bangin:

That's some idea! :v:

I'll see what I can do. It may be absolute junk in person...

Much appreciated, amigo :) The watch chassis doesn't really matter to me, I'm literally only after the movement and the dial, as I plan a transfer to an existing Daytona case I have, as well as re-finishing the dial to look more like a 7032. I want to remove the existing dial markers, and replace them with 'baseplates' cut from white vinyl, then lume over the vinyl and matte spray the finished article :victory: Not going to be 100%, but I figure it'll be getting that way :) At least, that's my idea :whistling::bangin:

That's some idea! :v:

Hee hee, I have my moments, but like they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day :victory: I konw the subdials won't be correct to the 7032, but it would be close enough to satisfy my desire (and budget :bangin: ) for one :D