When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what is on your buy list for 2011?

brahmabull

Happy New year's everyone. One of my New Year's reolutions is to pick up some reps to add to my collection.

So far, I have a PAM 090, Panerai Ferrari 08, Rolex Submariner, Omega Seamaster.

My Gens are a Philip Stein, Oficine Del Tempo, Tissot, and a Kenneth Cole (my very first watch)

In 2011, I will be on the hunt for a few rep watches to round out my collection.

Rolex DSSD

Panerai 288, 177, 215

Mont Blanc Timewalker

Breitling Flying B

Maybe a Hublot or AP as well.

Any other suggestions to add to the list?

What's on your buy list for 2011? What do you have in your collection and what watches are you looking to pick up in 2011?

My list of wanted watches is at 26 as I write this, and I am sure it will change before the end of the year. Right now my list for this year will be between three and six… one gen, one franken project build, and at least one rep.

I am not a fan of the 6263 Newman Daytona, but the 6265 speaks to me… that’s why the VJ72 6265 is on my list and will take quite some time (and money) to build right.

1. Rolex 6265

TA22320-22311.jpg

I would say the only reps on my radar currently are the…

2. Rolex Milguass green crystal

2142088479_927a53486e2.jpg

3. Ulysse Nardin Blue Seal

d0a184c2-7e21-497b-af31-0c7e04f49ae21.jpg

I am working on a deal for a gen Explorer II white dial and if that happens I will buy an Explorer II rep, but after BY-Tors review of the Explorer II… I won’t be able to live with the rep dial.

4. Rolex Explorer II white gen dial

rolex-explorer-ii-watch11.jpg

I have had the Rolex TT Sub on my list since Nov of 2008 and I am hopping this is the year for that gen.

5. Rolex Blue TT Submariner 16613 :wub:

16613blue2.jpg:wub:

I will probably get the New BK Subwhen it comes out, but the Rolex Sub has never been on my list. It will make a great beater, but I see too many (real life) douche bags who think their somebody because they have a black Sub.

And that’s my Buy List for 2011

Happy New Year

Joe

Hmmm....tough one, but here goes. If a Tudor Heritage Chrono comes out that is decent (and not quartz) then I will definitely go for one of those. I also quite like that new B&R Aviation, but I am still waiting for a review on it. I also will probably go for the new BK TW Sub offering. Looks to good to pass up. :D

Those under consideration are the new 42mm Omega PO, the V2 PloProf, the PAM 288K, the new 177, the Rolex 1655 Exp II, and the new 6541 Milgauss. I had just about crossed the PloProf and 288K off the list, on account of my small wrists. But I made the mistake of heading over to the ADs on my lunch break, and finding out that I could just about pull them off. Not helpful.

But there's a very good chance it'll be none of the above, and that I blow everything on a vintage Rolex dial, bezel, or endlinks!

I'm after a Patek Aquanaut Jumbo V2, which I'll buy on rubber as I already have the SS bracelet.

Also thinking about a UPO 45mm Orange Bezel, but waiting to see if they upgrade the current version as they've done with the 42mm.

Would also like the Tag Grand Carrera Calibre 36, UN Maxi Marine Diver, Chopard Mille Miglia GTXXL, Breitling Chronomat B01 and probably a PAM, but haven't made my mind up which one yet.

Edited by browngo1

I'm a fan of odd years, but for 2011 I will try to complete my projects rather than buy any new watches...sounds good in theory, but I'm sure something will come up that tweaks my illness and I'll continue to spend like a nut! Fingers crossed I can control myself! ;)