When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EMS delays..... How late is your watch?

Guest Sql_pl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine just arrived today, picked it up this evening. Last tracking update before today was on 9th of December. I'm 4 years in this hobby, and I think this is longest I have waited for a watch since it was sent. I waited for EoD from TTK for six months, but that's different story :whistling:

regards

Guys, there was a thread about this same problem about 2 weeks ago. Also over on Rep Geek, they posted a thread (By the administrator) to the effect that if anyone on that forum started a PAYPAL dispute or a credit card dispute, without allowing enough time for the backlog to clear and for dealers to figure out if packages were delayed or actually lost, that person would be banned. also their forum name would be passed to all the other forums as well as all the dealers. Obviously some of the hotheads over there were threatening to start retaliating against dealers to get money back or new items shipped. Pretty harsh words, but obviously there were problems. hopefully everything is going to get worked out here on RWG and cooler heads will prevail.Here in the USA, the Post Office will not even accept an insurance request until the package is at least 30 business days late. So the dealers cannot get reimbursed for "lost" packages until enough time elapses that they are truly "Lost" and not just delayed. I would be willing to bet that there will, in the end, be very few packages that don't eventually get to their destination. IF they are sent to the wrong place, they should eventually get straightened out or be returned to sender.

There are several reasons for the problems. This shipping season sort of turned into the "Perfect Storm" relative to shipping delays,problems. First of all we just finished the Christmas season. The number of packages increases exponentially during Christmas.If you don't believe me, just ask your local UPS driver. Second the weather has been a huge factor. Every time an airport shuts down because of bad weather, it affects other airports around the world. If airplanes cannot land at JFK, they can't leave London or Hong Kong, etc. Snow and Ice in Europe shut down major airports for days. anything being carried during that time stacked up at the source.. third, since the "Toner Cartridge" bombers tried to get bombs to the USA, Security has tightened dramatically. One thing that has made a huge impact on packages being shipped to the USA is a new regulation that any package over one pound or 500 grams CANNOT be shipped on a commercial airliner carrying passengers. Everything above that weight has to be shipped on a cargo only aircraft. This has caused a huge problem especially from China to the USA. Lots and lots of companies that were shipping EMS had to scramble to find alternative methods. there has been a tremendous increase in demand for freighter aircraft. Of course the freight carriers were caught unawares, as the US Government decided to implement this new rule with no advance notice. And lastly, as the packages stacked up, the "pile effect began to emerge. In other words as the pile grew, newer packages were thrown on top of older ones. Well, guess what? As the pile began to be worked down, the last ones on the pile were the first ones to go out. as the pile dwindled down to nothing, finally the got to the packages that were put on the bottom and had been sitting there for weeks! that's why some of you folks are still waiting on packages that started out in late November, and others who ordered a week or two ago have already received their packages.

So all I can say is stay calm, dealing with reps requires a whole lot of patience, because nothing is certain and nothing is guaranteed. If you internal wiring is such that it bothers you too much, then you should either stop buying from dealers overseas, only buy used member watches in your home country or region, or at the least mark out November to end of February on your calendar as "Do not order reps from overseas" months. Sort of like not eating Oysters in months that don't contain and R!!

My two watches just arrived. Shipped on the 18th of Dec. and arrived on the 18th of Jan. Received a Rolex Sub and Rolex Explorer II white dial (IT HAS THE BLACK HOUR RINGS)!

Hang in there guys, it looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

...and this is my story. The never ending one, and please don't remind me of CNY!

Date/Time Location Activity

2010-12-06 18:18:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2010-12-06 23:23:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2010-12-07 02:01:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2010-12-07 03:01:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs

2010-12-08 00:55:00 GUANGZHOU Released from Customs

2010-12-08 01:25:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

Finally! The eagle has landed; after about 6 and a half week. And more than 7 weeks after ordering. On the other side, sometimes delivery has happened after 4 days. Hopefully custom will let it go before midnight, and I'll be able to receive it tomorrow. I have reasons to belive there has been som FILO store involved; first in last out.

Timing Site Status

2010-12-06 18:18:00 GUANGZHOU Posting

2010-12-06 23:23:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2010-12-07 02:01:00 GUANGZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center

2010-12-07 03:01:00 GUANGZHOU Handed over to Customs

2010-12-08 00:55:00 GUANGZHOU Released from Customs

2010-12-08 01:25:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

2011-01-19 19:35:00 NORWAY OSLO EMS Handed over to Customs

Ta daa!! My PAM 288, mailed by Josh December 1, and "dispatched" from the sorting center on December 3. Then silence until it hit U.S. Customs yesterday. Delivered this morning: Seven weeks! But, if ever there was a watch worth waiting for, this is it. Just gorgeous. The most gen-like I've ever seen. The genuine alligator strap is outstanding. But listen to this, guys. The package was absolutely saturated with water. The cardboard box, even though inside a plastic baggie just disintegrated, it was so wet. The styrofoam box was wet inside, along with the bubblewrap wrapping the watch. I wasn't concerned about the watch, which I assume is at least water resistant, but I feared the strap might be damaged. But, fortunately Josh had the watch itself inside two zip locks, and it was perfectly dry. My bet is the Chinese postal folks had the backed up mail stored outside in the snow and rain for weeks, maybe under a tarp. Never seen that before. But, it's here after seven weeks, so have heart, guys.

The situation is beyond stupid. I ordered a watch on December 20th and asked that it be sent by Fed Ex. On Dec 22 it arrived in Memphis and since then has gone missing (my x-mas gift to a Fed Ex Employee I don't know). So I ordered a replacement and it was shipped by EMS in China and supposedly left China on Jan 8th (left the country = sitting in large warehouse somewhere). Fast forward to Jan 26th and still nothing on the tracking other than the parcel left on Jan 8th.

Just to prove that I do not learn easily, I ordered another watch the other day and asked that it be shipped by airmail before the chinese new year and the seller agrees and then sends me an email with a EMS tracking number which will probably sit in a warehouse until after the Chinese New Year??!!

The outcome - I think I am done with this hobby!! I have enought frustration in my life without paying for it!! I will just live with the reps I have.

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

My new 42 mm PO is still sitting somewhere in CN even though it left CN customs on January 6th. So it is 20 days already. With CNY starting today I am afraid I may see it in late february!