When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW's can still be sources...

d-rock

I wasn't implying I felt the watch was being "slammed"...not at all, my friend. I just figured I would gain some useful facts/info/opinions on it prior to it actually being shipped and being committed to buying it. If it helps in any way to better determine origin, quality, etc., the serial number on the opposite side is F168589. I could also use opinions on what would be considered a good price for the watch.Thanks for all the input/info/opinions so far guy. It IS greatly appreciated. DR

Im not sure what my serial number is... The last time I took the bracelet off, it took me about an hour to get it back on and get the springbars back in place. Maybe someone else here can tell us what the one or two generations of MBW 16610 serial numbers are. I believe mine is an F-serial also but not 100% sure.

dizz

Here's a question I've harbored for sometime...the last time I visited MBK (last year), upon inspecting some merchandise I asked him (Nah Piek)if his source was Guangzhou or Taiwan...he said all his inventory came from Taiwan. I know for a fact that Thai's are not manufactoring any of this as they lack the ability to have any attention to detail that is required here (17 years of living and working with the Thais).

So, why aren't 'dealers' by-passing this character and going straight to the source...?

Edited by lgking

Here's a question I've harbored for sometime...the last time I visited MBK (last year), upon inspecting some merchandise I asked him (Nah Piek)if his source was Guangzhou or Taiwan...he said all his inventory came from Taiwan. I know for a fact that Thai's are not manufactoring any of this as they lack the ability to have any attention to detail that is required here (17 years of living and working with the Thais).

So, why aren't 'dealers' by-passing this character and going straight to the source...?

mr.piek changes his source every week. sometimes its cambodia, sometimes its even europe, which he blames multiple times for the rising prices of parts (the price of the euro) i truly believe it to be small scale taiwan manufacturing, and ive even narrowed it down to a few factories, but the true identity of his secret i assume will die with him as ive tried to pry this information on many a visit. once he even said seiko manufactures it for him. but i agree it might be time to find somewhere else to shop for several reasons.

highoeyazmuhudee,

Just for your info and to add to what you have stated...a few months ago I was out pricing Casio G-Shocks as a gift for my daughter, and was walking about on the 3rd floor at MBK. I would stop occasionally to ask a vendor if there were any neighboring dealers dealing in discounted G-Shocks. I happen to stumble upon a small out of the way booth with a guy who had the back of a new Rolex 116610 opened. I came in closer for a better look, and he said that it was a rep with an ETA movement and let me examine it with a jewlers magnification eye-piece. It was a very nice looking replica. I asked him where it came from, and he said Taiwan. He said he could get me anything I wanted...and he was a lot nicer guy than Khun Piek.

I have not gone back there since, but it shows that there is at least one other dealer with most likely the same source doing the same thing. On your next Trip to Bangers, I suggest you spend some time cruising the building. In the mean time, if I go back to MBK and have the time, I will try to find this guy again and look at his inventory in greater detail.

• 2 months later...

nothing wrong with it, only thing is that i don't want to wait till bk can sell one. last info was that he is not able to deliver since he had problems with the dials.

so i am looking for the watch it self and not preminilary for the bk modded one. i asked hont few weeks ago but he was telling me that he can' t deliver since he is out of stock. if you have a source for me where i can get a tw best i would be happy.

Edited by Eiderdaus

nothing wrong with it, only thing is that i don't want to wait till bk can sell one. last info was that he is not able to deliver since he had problems with the dials.

so i am looking for the watch it self and not preminilary for the bk modded one. i asked hont few weeks ago but he was telling me that he can' t deliver since he is out of stock. if you have a source for me where i can get a tw best i would be happy.

I have an MBW version of the modern 16610 sub. My problem is, I have so many versions of the 16610 I am not absolutely sure which on it is.

Could it have come with lug holes?

The TW Best Subs make this confusing for me.

Anyone want to tell me how I might focus in on it for sure?

Bill

so anyone can give me a hint which dealer to contact for an mbw16610?

you don't want an MBW 16610 - you want an WM9 / PT Supreme

the MBW is by today's standard totally and absolutely off ;)

cheers,

Frank

the current MBK 16610 are the 1:1 Taiwan cases. gone are the polex markings on this modern sub. its totally different than 3 years ago. i have one on order and checked out the sample case in BKK. when i ll actually get my order is an entirely different story altogether.

TJ the mbk had a short run of A serial 16610 cases with lug holes likely your 16610s with holes are TWB

TJ the mbk had a short run of A serial 16610 cases with lug holes likely your 16610s with holes are TWB

I know for sure I bought an MBW Sub, but you are probably right - I bought a LOT of TWB and I am not at all sure what happened to that MBW. I have a suspicion that my oldest son took it off to the Marines I gave him one and it would have been my best. My favorite subs are TWBs - two with lug holes and one without. My favorite SDs are TWBs - two with lug holes and one without.

What is the current WIS thinking on these TWB subs and sds? What are they worth these days if I decide to let a couple go?? Anybody know?

Thanks

Bill