When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Are These Vintages Any Good?

craigb

The GMT doesn't even have cyclops. The date Sub has mag & date way too right + very bad dial print.

What's that Tiffany no-date version?

They're ok if they cost $40 or $50. But not even close to accurate.

Besides what you mentioned about the lug holes, here's what I can see from your photos.

GMT: Oyster Perpetual print looks a bit weird, crown is too large, case looks like its the wrong shape and thickness, no mag on xtal, date wheel looks wrong too.

1680: the "=" sign looks a bit off where it states 660ft=200m, date wheel looks wrong also possibly wrong magnification on cyclops. plexi looks domed or flat - not beveled top hat like gen. Insert and dot are horrible. Markers on dial looks small too.

5513: unsure if Tiffany ever sold a signed a 5513, but think I've seen a 5512 4 liner before. Bezel insert same as the 1680.

Out of the 3, I wouldnt purchase any of them. But if I were forced to, I'd get the 5513, but would swap out the dial immediately.

These are the types of reps I'd expect to see in Chinatown for $35 each. Hope you didnt purchase any of these.

Besides what you mentioned about the lug holes, here's what I can see from your photos.

GMT: Oyster Perpetual print looks a bit weird, crown is too large, case looks like its the wrong shape and thickness, no mag on xtal, date wheel looks wrong too.

1680: the "=" sign looks a bit off where it states 660ft=200m, date wheel looks wrong also possibly wrong magnification on cyclops. plexi looks domed or flat - not beveled top hat like gen. Insert and dot are horrible. Markers on dial looks small too.

5513: unsure if Tiffany ever sold a signed a 5513, but think I've seen a 5512 4 liner before. Bezel insert same as the 1680.

Out of the 3, I wouldnt purchase any of them. But if I were forced to, I'd get the 5513, but would swap out the dial immediately.

These are the types of reps I'd expect to see in Chinatown for $35 each. Hope you didnt purchase any of these.

no bk i didnt, i just found them on a cheapo site today an didnt no if they were any good, only just started to get into the vintage rollies so i still dont no what to really look out for. thanks for the advise :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Another tip - Instead of randomly picking a site to purchase from, select one from the vendor list here>> http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/

When dealing with unknown vendors, you run the risk of getting scammed.

OH, one more very important tip. If you use paypal or any other method of payment, never enter any verbage in the subject or comments field with regards to replica, rep, fake, watch, etc. Best to leave it blank.

Another tip - Instead of randomly picking a site to purchase from, select one from the vendor list here>> http://www.rwgforum.com/forum/230-watches-clothing-accessories/

When dealing with unknown vendors, you run the risk of getting scammed.

OH, one more very important tip. If you use paypal or any other method of payment, never enter any verbage in the subject or comments field with regards to replica, rep, fake, watch, etc. Best to leave it blank.

+1 ....could not recognise those pieces, hence the enquiry .....stay with known dealers, life can be difficult with any supply chain, but at least there is a support structure here for known dealers :thumbsupsmileyanim: