When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

005 Pics are up on Perfect Clones

Martyd3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just noticed the shipping date has now changed from the 9th to the 14th

I've ordered one from Connie (Mrs King) and she will ship on Feb, 13th...

That's not fair to announce a shipment scheduled on 9th to get more orders and then to modify it to 14th like all other dealers...

I've ordered one from Connie (Mrs King) and she will ship on Feb, 13th...

That's not fair to announce a shipment scheduled on 9th to get more orders and then to modify it to 14th like all other dealers...

I'm hoping that maybe those who have already ordered will get their order dispatched on the 9th. Maybe the update is fr people who order from now. If it's for everyone I think that's a bit naughty!

One thing about these new watches and I am still stunned that no one notices these things with all the stuff everyone else comments on is the rehaut finally looks like a gen.

All these jimmy, franken, FGD, etc etc watches I see on here, the dial appears to sit too low. My friend at work wears a jimmy cased super rep 112 and I can see from across the room its not a gen by the how low the dial sits.

I do not know if it was the crystal, case or dial but these new watches do not have that problem.

Chad

One thing about these new watches and I am still stunned that no one notices these things with all the stuff everyone else comments on is the rehaut finally looks like a gen.

All these jimmy, franken, FGD, etc etc watches I see on here, the dial appears to sit too low. My friend at work wears a jimmy cased super rep 112 and I can see from across the room its not a gen by the how low the dial sits.

I do not know if it was the crystal, case or dial but these new watches do not have that problem.

Chad

Thanks for your well spotted input!

Thanks for your well spotted input!

One easy way to spot this is the case never casts a shadow over the top of the numbers on a gen when viewed from an angle.

You see this is in most of the great reps here especially dsn based cases.

The 201a gens are even more pronounced. The dial appears to be right up on the crystal which makes the no-ar not so bad and just plain looks good.

When I see a DSN cased watch with AR removed on a cloudier than gen crystal it just looks wrong if you have worn a few gens.

These watches 177, 219 and this one look MUCH better.

Probably came from redesigning from the ground up.

No one seems to notice this though or care..... :rolleyes:

I would take this over a gen like cg pin any day of the week.

post-626-0-74957500-1296573962.jpg

Chad, it's the crystal. Put this crystal in a JF you'll have the same effect.

+1 ... the rehaut depth on the JF case is correct to gen. With the correct gen-like crystal you'll have the same effect as w0lf said.

Edited by R_Squared

I should probably expand on this a little bit as I see this pop up every couple of months. The rehaut depth issue on manual models with premium cases like JF or OEM for example stems from only two things:

1) Using highly refractive & misty rep crystal with a translucent I-ring crystal gasket (OEM gasket is white and yeah you guessed it 177/219 gasket is also white)

2) Using a dial that's too thin and creates an additional bit of air between the dial and rehaut.

In many instances of course the rehaut depth is just that - an overly deep rehaut coupled with thinner than OEM crystal for an even more drastic effect. This is especially true for automatic GMT & PR models with a tall handstack and cyclops that's not milled into the crystal but is rather glued on it.

Just put my order in for PT's fiver and have a feeling I'll be needing to do something to the crown to move it away from the case.

Unfortunately, I'm not a pamaholic and unsure how to go about this therefore I have some questions. I want to do this right so it keeps its water integrity.

Is there a tube on the case that can be backed out a bit?

What about a new stem and an extra tube gasket? I fear it may not be water tight after this.

I've read a post stating that the dish on the crown needs to be cut down a bit. Would that affect water resistance since the crown wont sit as flush to the tube gasket?

Is there a PAM modder out there that specializes in simple projects like this?

Thanks!