When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 to 1675 conversion questions.

cib0rgman

Hello,

I started building on of these i have a 1655 from josh, already drilled the lug holes to take the standard roles fat spring bar. I have a couple of question for those that done this already.

1.- I need a complete bezel assembly (Does the wholesaleoutlet complete assembly will fit)

2.- I have a gen Vintage date wheel to use these i will have to get one of those zodiac movement

3.- model number for the oyster bracelet for these watch

4.- Tropic 116 does a Gen tropic fits

5.- How much do i need to shave off the case

6.- Dial recommendation if not gen used?

I purchase a crown and a tube it looks like i need to retap de tube hole is kind of too big or do i have the wrong tube and crown?

%3Ca%20href=5248602015_8838104883.jpg">

Thanks

Cyb

Hello,

I started building on of these i have a 1655 from josh, already drilled the lug holes to take the standard roles fat spring bar. I have a couple of question for those that done this already.

1.- I need a complete bezel assembly (Does the wholesaleoutlet complete assembly will fit)

2.- I have a gen Vintage date wheel to use these i will have to get one of those zodiac movement

3.- model number for the oyster bracelet for these watch

4.- Tropic 116 does a Gen tropic fits

5.- How much do i need to shave off the case

6.- Dial recommendation if not gen used?

I purchase a crown and a tube it looks like i need to retap de tube hole is kind of too big or do i have the wrong tube and crown?

Thanks

Cyb

1 : yes with some shaving here and there

2 : nice - if you glue it on the Zodiac DW - be prepared to possible run in problems fitting dial and hands

3 : simply take the nice one from the 1655

4 : yes

5 : quite a lot on the crown guard side

6 : gen gen gen - no good after-marked there sorry

if hole is to big for your tube there is nothing to retap ;)

cheers,

Frank

So basically there is no way to fit a gen crown into one of these suckers. I guess retap only applies when the hole is too small. I will have to use the same crown that came with the watch. the bracelet is very light. I was thinking on using a rep 93150;

WP_000002.jpg

if you bought a Crown/tube for a 1675, it will be a 5mm crown...and it will not fit on the 1655 case, and you will not want to use it because the crown guard area is machined to accommodate the large 6mm crown/tube...the smaller 5mm crown will look small in that crown guard area....so, 1675 crown/tube will not work on the 1655 case...you will have to stay with the existing crown/tube that came with the 1655 case

Edited by btocamelo

Buy a tube and see if it fits.

Im sure the hole in the case is the same size. I cant see the hole being too big. If anything, rep holes are always smaller than the gen.That bracelet will work perfect. I would probably use a Yuki 7206 when I build mine. I like the older style bracelets

Buy a tube and see if it fits.

Im sure the hole in the case is the same size. I cant see the hole being too big. If anything, rep holes are always smaller than the gen.That bracelet will work perfect. I would probably use a Yuki 7206 when I build mine. I like the older style bracelets

I did and the tube is too small, unless this is not really a GMT Crown. at least that was advertised in Ebay but who knows. and yes the crown looks kind of small in between the crown guards

That is the biggest "tell" when someone tries to build a 1675/16750 using a different case. the Crown guards are proportional to the 5.3mm crown on the genuine case. When you use a case with a 6.0 or 7.0 mm crown, the space is too wide and looks strange when you fit a 5.3 mm crown. You can shave away excess material on the case or CG's, but you can't put new metal in where there isn't any. all the 1675's and 16750's use the small 5.3mm Crown. I don't believe Rolex went to a larger crown until the 116710 Ceramic GMT IIc

That is the biggest "tell" when someone tries to build a 1675/16750 using a different case. the Crown guards are proportional to the 5.3mm crown on the genuine case. When you use a case with a 6.0 or 7.0 mm crown, the space is too wide and looks strange when you fit a 5.3 mm crown. You can shave away excess material on the case or CG's, but you can't put new metal in where there isn't any. all the 1675's and 16750's use the small 5.3mm Crown. I don't believe Rolex went to a larger crown until the 116710 Ceramic GMT IIc

The "Fat Lady" had a 6mm crown. 16760.

Yukiwatch has a set of enuine like 1675 case with crown and bezel and crysal acrylic. He also sells nice 1675 dials but what movement should I buy in order to fit?

I know some of the guys here have a zodiac 75B which is a gmt movement and the date-wheel turns the same direction as the genuine date-wheel