When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DRSD caseback...

polexpete

If it's genuine, all the big boys will come in in the last few minutes and seconds. It could sit there around 20 bucks for 7 bdays and then jump to 2 grand in 2 minutes! If it's aftermarket, then it may be a bargain, but if it's real, it's probably out of all of our price ranges.Would be very nice for a franken build, but for sure not @2k!!

I'm sniping @ 4k in case someone here wants to go higher :drinks:

You think its going to go that high? I might... I havent seen one of these for sale in a while... I was also thinking about $2000 but who knows... look at those big logo bracelets going for $10k a while ago.

You think its going to go that high? I might... I havent seen one of these for sale in a while... I was also thinking about $2000 but who knows... look at those big logo bracelets going for $10k a while ago.

I was joking Diz. It's really not worth a dime to me. For someone desperate for a service replacement part for their DRSD maybe, but IMO even a beat up original that came with a watch is more worthwhile than replacing it with that. I got rid of a mint daytona for the same reason, and couldn't be happier since I replaced the piece with something a little more rare ;)

Actually, if I didn't already have my sights on another grail, I'd go for his underlined tiffany :Jumpy:

PS: Oops, I see it sold already... super rare!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Vintage-GMT-Master-1675-Tiffany-Co-Gilted-Dial-/110650030007?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19c34177b7

looks like this thread slipped through the cracks, So here goes!! If you aren't sitting possibly you should before reading further. The DRSD caseback sold for a whopping............

3200.00 USD :Jumpy: :Jumpy: So, all of us were wrong,most of us by a bunch. This only reinforces the insanity of vintage Rolex collectors :whistling: And it wasn't just one or two bidders, this baby got a bunch of bids. I'm sure whomever purchased the caseback has a nice 1665 DRSD that needed a pristine caseback to increase it's value exponentially. Oh well, so much for us modders picking up a genuine caseback on the cheap!!

Seems a bit cheap, Nanuq. A digital pic of a million dollars & some snowmobile oil would be more fitting.

Okay I'm feeling generous. Here ya go.

post-32-0-88731900-1299093625.jpg

castrol-r30.jpg