When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rehaut

x86uops

That looks pretty damn close to me. You can see where the sapphire on the gen is a little thicker.Otherwise, the diff is negligible.

I would think that josh's perfect would have the same rehaut as his regular sub, isn't it just a regular sub that's been fine tuned?

Here's my question... is it actually possible to achieve the same rehaut on the rep using an ETA2836. I am wondering if the polex movement isn't thinner and consequently allows for the deeper rehaut. If that is the case, there only one way to allow for deeper rehaut on the rep and that is to use a 'deeper dish' case back... not really a great solution. Is the MBW rehaut more close to the gen?

I agree with WW.

I think if you measure the depth of the 3035 and the ETA 2836 you will probably find the 3035 slightly thinner. That would explain the shallower rehault issue when using the ETA movement...the space has to be taken out somewhere...

I might be wrong...good question for the experts here :whistling:

Here's my question... is it actually possible to achieve the same rehaut on the rep using an ETA2836. I am wondering if the polex movement isn't thinner and consequently allows for the deeper rehaut. If that is the case, there only one way to allow for deeper rehaut on the rep and that is to use a 'deeper dish' case back... not really a great solution. Is the MBW rehaut more close to the gen?

I think, although I may be wrong that the rehuat is due to case construction and would be the same no matter what movement is used inside. Since MBW's tend to have 1:1 rehaut and 2836's clearly it's possible to have both.

As a side note, for noobs who wonder why we're all obsessed about rehaut: 1)we're insane. 2)It's one of the flaws that can't be modded away, so it means people who mod can get their watches that much closer to 1:1.

I think the ETA movement is a tad thinner than the Rolex, actually. But either way, I don't see how it matters. It's all in the case anyhow. There are two modern 16610 MBWs. One has deep rehaut, the other not so deep... Just to add to the confusion! ;)

This is something I posted at TRC a while back. My thinking may be all wrong but it is one way to rationalize why an accurate sub case is so darn illusive.

-------------------------------------------------

It occured to me that the CN manufactures may not be trying to replicate an accurate rollie sub case at all. The CN thinner case with the shallow set dial seems to be used by a host of gen manufactures that have sub look alike models. I suspect these cases are manufactured along side those utilized for the reps. Why go through the trouble & expense of manufacturing an accurate specific Sub case when it's not widely used or required by gen manufacturers? It then becomes an exercise of adding the different dials, crowns, case backs and bracelets to a common case and out the door they go, in mass.

Just a thought on my part but economics, practicality & legal issues may explain why an accurate Sub case is not readily available. The accurate case itself should be simple enough to reproduce if any manufacturer cared to do it.

The exception to the above is the old & now discontinued "Taiwan best case" which was used in the TW and MBW 16610. IMO, these are the best platforms from which to begin. They also have the accurate cyclops placement and date mag.

My TW:

128515-19872.jpg

I hope it's comming soon...a 1:1 replica sub from one of our trusted dealers. A case where everything is correct...from rehault to CG's and crowns and beefier tubes.!

They got the bands down pretty good though :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And if a 1:1 case was produced what would be the next complaint from us...better grade stainless steal?

Wher does it end :D ? lol

Tribal,

Your's looks extremely deep. Is that one of the old MBW's? I see lug holes for the spring bars...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

yepp Randy,

this is an old MBW case....

I like the lugholes on this case... :wub:

But i think you have the same case without lugholes...

The reahut looks identical to me..

Edited by Tribal

The exception to the above is the old & now discontinued "Taiwan best case" which was used in the TW and MBW 16610. IMO, if one is looking for an accurate Sub, these are the best platforms from which to begin. They also have the accurate cyclops placement and date mag.

My TW:

128646-19835.jpg

I love it... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

RG Tribal

the case on a cn sub is too thin therefore you cannot get the rehuat depth that everybody wants. a tw best and a gen are thicker but i don't remember the mesurements

rehaut on a cn sub is 1.8mm. tw best is 2.1 and a gen is 2.0

if you want to build a sub with a deep rehaut you have to start with a tw best or equivalent or you cannot get there from here. you can change the dial, bezel insert/ pearl, drill the lug holes and trim the crown guards on a tw best but you cannot get the rehaut or crystal height out of a cn.

unless they make a thicker case for the cn sub it won't happen.