When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New AP automatic jumbo exposed

cougaree

Thanks for all this useful info :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sad to hear your problems with the screws etc stealthy

Replica screws can drive you crazy...as it more than once has done for me...but it can be fixed with a big enough hammer according to highflyingclive (below his picture of RWG member Gran doing just that back in 2004)

clives.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I must be blind because with mine everything is perfect, hand, dial, case, screws etc. The movement is of course a problem but nothing that can be done.

I don't understand the comments on strange hands shape. Mine is the same as the gen.

4.jpg

3.jpg

Where did you get yours? It looks perfect, far too perfect in fact. The gen dial always have 6 tiles from the uppermost bezel area to the audemars piguet labeling. If you see the white examples in this thread you'll notice that they all have 5 tiles, not six. If not for the babeling of the indices which I cannot see quite well in your photos I would have outright called your watch gen.

Hmmm well all the dealers' websites have new AP Jumbos with dials that look like this one (TXCollector's)...

Avensis - I think you must have been sold the wrong one. And you didn't clarify about the second hand, I don't see a problem with it.

Great photos TXCollector, watch looks super elegant! Does it feel comfortable on the wrist? Would be interesting to see it next to a IWC Ingenieur (the Ingy is also a Gerald Genta design as you know).

Hmmm well all the dealers' websites have new AP Jumbos with dials that look like this one (TXCollector's)...

Avensis - I think you must have been sold the wrong one. And you didn't clarify about the second hand, I don't see a problem with it.

Great photos TXCollector, watch looks super elegant! Does it feel comfortable on the wrist? Would be interesting to see it next to a IWC Ingenieur (the Ingy is also a Gerald Genta design as you know).

I never bought one, and I am asking exactly because I don't want to buy a wrong one.

Anyways, for some reason dealers all have wrong pictures then, because I see different details. For example:

AP-2010-10-20-03-01_2_enl.jpg

This is of course not much of a problem, but the second hands shape is much more apparent:

AP-2010-10-20-01-02_2_enl.jpg

There are an awful lot of almost identical, but not quite versions of this watch.

Look here: http://www.kronosclub.com/ROC/

Well I've been hunting this watch for a while, and all the dealers are referring to this watch as 'jumbo' ultimate which is very wrong designation for this watch. Yes, they are all referring to 15300, not 'jumbo' or some unknown misc. ap royal oak model. If you see the usual cartel dealers the previous non-ultimate jumbo is without question a rep of 15300...Jumbo is 15202, and there is a good rep of this by mbw.

• 9 months later...

Gents,

Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but may I ask you a question:

I am looking for a nice APRO since a long time, did a lot of reading, and found this babay on Josh's site:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0000ap00038-royal-jumbo-auto-ssss-white-swiss-28242-p-9303.html

I assume that this is the ultimate version with the improved bezel screws. Could anybody tell me about the dial colour? Is it white or more on the silver side?

What do you think about the movement decoration? (apart from the fact that an eta could never look like an ap movt)

Do the newer versions all have the silver/gold decorated movements?

Many thanks, J