When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have an ABC watch?...

hackR

I just recently pick up my third ABC watch - Altimeter, Barometer, Compass...

It's a CASIO PRG200T-7; i plan to wear it on either rubber or Zulu - but it comes with a titanium bracelet...i might also oxidize the bracelet to darken it up...

Anyhow - this CASIO joins my my Tissot T-Touch (ti/orange strap) and Suunto Observer (ti)...both wear great and love em both!...

t-touch-orange-1.jpgSS004746330.jpg

Yes - i am an active guy - but not one who needs these functions...i own them for fun...and the T-Touch is by far one of the coolest watches...

I will shoot a group pix soon, but here's some stock pix of the models i own...

Soooooooo...if you have one, tell or show...if you don't have one, what do you think?!...

Enjoy - R

paw2000t7crb.jpg

Specs:

• Electro-luminescent backlight

Full auto EL light, selectable illumination duration, afterglow

• Solar powered

Low-temperature resistant (-10 °C/14 °F)

• Digital compass

Measures and displays direction as one of 16 points

Measuring range: 0° to 359°

Measuring unit: 1°

20 seconds continuous measurement

Graphic direction pointer

Bidirectional calibration and northerly calibration function

Magnetic declination correction

Bearing memory

• Altimeter

Measuring range: -700 to 10,000 m (-2,300 to 32,800 ft.)

Measuring unit: 5 m (20 ft.)

Manual memory measurements

(up to 25 records, each including altitude, date, time)

High Altitude / Low Altitude memory

Total Ascent / Decent memory

Others: Reference altitude setting, Altitude tendency graph, Altitude differential

*Changeover between meters (m) and feet (ft)

• Barometer

Display range: 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)

Display unit: 1 hPa (0.05 inHg)

Atmospheric pressure tendency graph

Atmospheric pressure differential graphic

*Changeover between hPa and inHg

• Thermometer

Display range:-10 to 60 °C (14 to 140 °F)

Display unit: 0.1 °C (0.2 °F)

*Changeover between Celsius (°C) and Fahrenheit (°F)

• Duplex LC display

• World time

31 time zones (48 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off

• Sunrise, sunset time display

Sunrise time and sunset time for specific date, Daylight pointers

• 1/100-second stopwatch

Measuring capacity: 23:59'59.99''

Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times

• Countdown timer

Measuring unit: 1 second

Countdown start time setting range: 24 hours

Countdown start time setting range: 1 minute to 24 hours (1- minute increments and 1-hour increments)

• Daily alarms

5 independent daily alarms

• Hourly time signal

• Battery level indicator

• Power save function (automatically disables LCD if the watch is left in the dark for approximately 60 to 70 minutes, and sensor measurements if the watch is left in the dark for six or seven days)

• Full auto-calendar (to year 2099)

• 12/24-hour format

• Button operation tone on/off

• Regular timekeeping: Hour, minute, second, pm, year, month, date, day

• Accuracy: ±15 seconds per month

• Approx. battery operating time:

6 months on rechargeable battery (operation period with normal use without exposure to light after charge)

23 months on rechargeable battery (operation period when stored in total darkness with the power save function on after full charge)

• Size of case / total weight

PRG-200T : 56.2 X 50.2 X 11.3 mm / 107.2 g

What no AR!!?? I have to say that the interim measurement times really let this watch down for me!! I would be looking for at least 15 secs!!

Seriously mate! They look great and as for fun I can see where you are coming from! Look forward to seeing your pics now and I think the bracelet idea is a blinder, that would look sweet!

Edited by PeteM

Yeah.. here's my beast :) .. It would eat all of your watches for breakfast ;)

GW-7900B-1DR-G-RESCUE-GSHOCK-CASIO-WATCH-BLACK.jpg

IMG_15411.jpg

9 month solar charged battery, and Atomic clock calibration. Moon phase, tide graph, 31 time zones, chronograph, timer, 5 alarms, automatic illumination feature, and most IMPORTANTLY..

Will survive anything short of Nanuq's sick mind ;)

Yeah.. here's my beast :) .. It would eat all of your watches for breakfast

I think I saw the old bill using that to force a front door during a dawn raid !!!

Sorry mate, mines got you beat :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Altimeter, barometer, compass, GPS, atomic timekeeping (syncs with GPS sats)

Plus...what other watch can do this :shock:

I do like that all black 7900 though

GPS is cool... I wonder how the guy is getting it to work without the watch having a direct clear view to the sky above. He's only got one window open and gps needs several satelites in view to be able to triangulate your position.

Not sure you got me beat broham. My watch would still eat yours for breakfast.. Yours is cool and all, but I doubt it could take a baseball bat to the face :) Mine can :)

Besides that.. the GW7900b1 was named number 8 in Time Magazine's top 10 gadgets of 2009 ;) Yours has got me beat feature wise.. but looks and pure brut force go to the GW7900b1 :)

I have the Casio Waveceptor that Jason Bourne wore in the Bourne ultimatum, thats not why I bought it, I bought cause I love Casios. I have around 5 I think.

The waveceptor has a lap timer on it which, when I was still able to ride motorcycles, was great. On track I could set it at the start line, and it would collect every lap I made and would show average lap time, all single laptimes and my average speed per lap!

For £160 that is a serious piece of kit!! It was so accurate some of my racer friends used it to compare against their onboard computer data, it was never wrong once!!

Will get someone to give me the model number tomorrow and try and dig up the specs on it!

Sixx :bones:

Lol...I love Plai's nuclear beast...

So...my Casio arrived...sweet...$160usd from the bay...light as a feather and only 11mm thick...

Have it on a black zulu strap - which is perfect...

Plan to sell the ti bracelet so my total cost will be a lot less...bracelet is ti, too and nice...but with the black bezel and darker ti case, this needs a black strap...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Suunto Core all black that I wear while hiking. Although It's 50mm, it wears much smaller and is by far my most comfortable watch.

I have same watch also, negative display is sometimes difficult to read, but no problem usually.

This watch is my true "work horse".

Lol...I love Plai's nuclear beast...

So...my Casio arrived...sweet...$160usd from the bay...light as a feather and only 11mm thick...

Have it on a black zulu strap - which is perfect...

Plan to sell the ti bracelet so my total cost will be a lot less...bracelet is ti, too and nice...but with the black bezel and darker ti case, this needs a black strap...

Pictures???

I have the Casio Waveceptor that Jason Bourne wore in the Bourne ultimatum, thats not why I bought it, I bought cause I love Casios. I have around 5 I think.

The waveceptor has a lap timer on it which, when I was still able to ride motorcycles, was great. On track I could set it at the start line, and it would collect every lap I made and would show average lap time, all single laptimes and my average speed per lap!

For £160 that is a serious piece of kit!! It was so accurate some of my racer friends used it to compare against their onboard computer data, it was never wrong once!!

Will get someone to give me the model number tomorrow and try and dig up the specs on it!

Sixx :bones:

DSC01115.gif

not an ABC but with more functions I can remember. My tool watch

atom2.0.jpg

Nice Atom 2.0....That's my primary dive watch too =) I use my Aeris Manta as a backup sometimes too, but most the time I use either my rep DSSD or my Reactor watch as a secondary timing device.

Edited by MysticalChimp

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea..."

- Douglas Adams

That being true....having a GPS om your wrist isnt all that bad :thumbsupsmileyanim: