When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Rep Experts...Opinion Please!

koturbo

What is (by consensus of the experts), the BEST out of the box Rolex rep? I know my way around the PAM's pretty well, and own/have owned several Gen panerai's, so i know what to look for in the PAM reps......But im looking to get my feet wet with Rolex and want to make a good purchase. Obviously a nice Franken is a good way to go....and i would love to find a great franken Rolex....but i dont wanna buy the wrong watch.

Ive been researching for weeks and i'm just crosseyed over it at this point. Any advise would be much appreciated.

Or if you have a nice Example to offer for sale?

Thanks

Right...I get the noobescensce comments, and figured Id have to put on the armour for this one, but in the hope of actually getting a legitamate opinion I posted anyway. So if anyone has an actual contributory response it would be appreciated.

No offense intended.

How vague a question could you ask?

Allow me to assist:

Do you like big watches?

would a 34mm watch be too small?

Do you like chronographs?

Do you like Bling? Gold? Two-tone?

Do you like vintage?

Do you hate sapphire crystals?

Is a manual wind o.k.?

You see, the answer to YOUR query depends on how you answer mine.

If you have a more focused look, style or function, you might be surprised at the responses you get.

Now, does anyone have one for sale? I have a Tudor 7032 with serviced valjoux 45min movement, gen crystal and $550.00 Yuki case/dial. But again, if you don't like vintage or chronographs or manual wind or big watches.....it ain't for you.

The BK WM9 YM was the best out of the box, IMO. The BK WM9 Subs rated a close second. Unfortunately the WM9's are gone (as is WM9 apparently), so you will have to find one on the boards for sale.

My BK WM9 LV Sub for example ... and no, it's not for sale.

bk-wm9_lv_1.jpg

Anything from BK will be better than what you can find from the regular dealers. He has a new Sub offering that is supposed to be quite good. There are a couple of reviews floating around.

Other than those, you would need to find a franken of some sort as flaws are pretty evident with the out of the box Rolex reps.

OK OK OK....thread failure on my part.....Preface. Im no novice when it comes to watches, or watch forums for that matter. I get the attack mechanism that goes into play when you get a post like this and figured as i am a novice in the Rolex area, that i would take a little $h!t from the masses....guess i didnt expect it to be this bad though.

So, i guess il play the game and be more specific.

I like bigger watches (you might have gathered that from the mention of owning several Panerai's)

I want something updated (not vintage)

I prefer black and stainless.

So...i guess what im really asking is.....Who has the best sub? :D No...honestly I am in between the DSSD and the GMT II ceramic...and to be specific...is there one or the other thats considered a better rep out of the box? it seems there are several versions of both so just wanted to get a general opinion.

Thanks

I knew it....... :drinks:

Personally, The GMTII Ceramic would get the nod over the DSSD......just cause I think the DSSD was a big mistake on Rolex's part.

Now as far as accuracy, the GMT has the wrong hand stack(Correct hand stack can be found) and the cyclops doesn't have AR but members have overcome that.

Good luck and thanks for taking our [censored]. :bangin:

Personally, The GMTII Ceramic would get the nod over the DSSD......just cause I think the DSSD was a big mistake on Rolex's part.

+100, anything that talks about "Gas Escape" on the dial side of the watch is a major marketing mistake IMHO. YMMV. :victory:

I would also suggest the GMTIIc, but I wouldn't like to say which version was the best... To me, any is as good an another, as I'm not particularly fussed by the 'fine details', or if it has a Swiss movement.

HAHA we're just giving you a hard time because thats pretty much the FIRST question every new member asks!

Who has the best sub?

So usually you wont get a serious answer ;)

You want the "best"?

For a new sub talk to BK's Garage. WM9 is gone so no point mentioning them anymore.

For a Deep sea, datejusts etc, you can look at any of the dealers here. Just get the newest version 5 or 6 Deepsea or whatever is out now....

For vintage subs and sea dwellers its MBW.

For vintage Daytonas contact DW