When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7032 vs new Heritage Chrono

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Pics from gen forum:

DSCF2084.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

DSCF2085.jpg

DSCF2092.jpg

DSCF2096.jpg

DSCF2095.jpg

It is cool to see them all together but I have to say the new version does not do anything for me. Looks like a cheap rep from CN. I do not like this new crown with black insert with Tudor logo, I do not like that knurled finish on bezel, crown and pushers, I do not like this new bracelet with wide middle links. Even those orange accents look to be off. And why is there no date cyclops?

I guess one good thing coming from this new release is how it brought the old model the attention it definately deserved!

What do you think? For me it is the vintage one all the way!!

Edited by Sql_pl

I found the Heritage to be a very impressive hunk of metal up close. I especially appreciated the "3D-ness" of the dial, and the superb finish of the case. The knurled bits didn't bother me as they did when I first saw the Basel 2010 photos, nor did the lack of a cyclops. What I still couldn't overlook were the tiny subdial hands and the awkward-looking bracelet, though the NATO is a credible option.

I really thought I would be buying one, but that was before DW came along with his low-cost and better-looking solution. I guess this is one confirmed case where reps did take away sales from gens! (I then spent the savings on child-labor sweatshops and various terrorist causes.)

I found the Heritage to be a very impressive hunk of metal up close. I especially appreciated the "3D-ness" of the dial, and the superb finish of the case. The knurled bits didn't bother me as they did when I first saw the Basel 2010 photos, nor did the lack of a cyclops. What I still couldn't overlook were the tiny subdial hands and the awkward-looking bracelet, though the NATO is a credible option.

I really thought I would be buying one, but that was before DW came along with his low-cost and better-looking solution. I guess this is one confirmed case where reps did take away sales from gens! (I then spent the savings on child-labor sweatshops and various terrorist causes.)

I like the look of the Heritage, however the argument against the bracelet and the hands are good points. The main reason I like the original better are the lug-holes. I just like holes for lugging.

I'm certainly liking the 7032 more. Don't know if it's because I've seen it so much lately, it certainly has the classical sizes and proportions- I agree the oyster bracelet looks better. And I guess the Heritage is bigger, but I'm partial to the 40mm chronos

Don't want to build one - too hard to find the 7734 now.

It's ridiculous, but some potential 7734 donors have sold for just $20-50 less than the cheapest Valjoux 72 chronos in recent months. And these were relative no-namers, not Heuers or any brand that might command a premium.

I believe justasgood may have a 7032 assembly line starting up... :)

Actually having both now I find I like each of them but for different reasons. I know some of you don`t like the new bracelet but I find it to be quite exquisite. The attention to detail and the overall finish are outstanding. It is a different animal compared to the 7032 even though they share styling.

First of all, fantastic pictures :good::victory:

I'd like to make a few points in defense of the Heritage:

Cyclops: Does it need one? :pardon: For the most part, I've found cyclops' are only really helpful if looking at the watch directly face on, and that when simply glancing at the watch on the wrist, they tend to obscure the datewindow, so when there's not a cyclops, the vision is not obscured...

Knurling: Obviously a matter of personal preference, and to each his own :good: I didn't think I would initially take to the knurling, but I do actualy quite like it. My one criticism of the knurling, is that when the watch is wet, the knurling does not provide any purchase for rotating the bezel, and the fingers just slip.

Wide bracelet links: The 22mm bracelet means that the lugs can stay relatively thin, compared to the bracelet/lug arrangement of the DSSD, so overall, makes for a more balanced whole :) I don't really think that the width of the mid-links is an issue, just that it's a bit of a break from the norm compared to other Rolex bracelets, and of course, it takes time to adapt to change :)

On the other hand...

I quite agree about the crown of the gen, it strikes me as 'a bit fussy' and unnecessary. I am also very aware that the bezel on the 7032 is much more streamlined than the bezel on the Heritage. I think on a smaller watch, the bezel would be overpowering, but I think because of the case size, it isn't so out of place. Also, while writing, I've just realized that the knurling acts to 'lower' the height of the bezel, where if the edges were coin edged, it would definitely appear thicker (and probably look too thick)

K, as you've owned them both, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts comparing the 7032 and the Heritage :drinks:

My thoughts: I would never pay the price for the gen. The movement selected by rolex was a shortcut IMHO. I like big watches and this one is very comfy on a strap. The bracelet size/ratio works, but it is a bit much for me. Smaller watches look good on ss bracelets, larger watches look good on straps, again IMHO.

As for the 7032........what's to say, everything you could want in a watch. Acrylic crystal, hard to find movement, nice size and just enough color to make people notice.

I choose the 7032/7031

Explorer.jpg

But the rep heritage is a great buy. Solid reliable and good looking. Wouldn't mind having another.

I have the gen heritage chrono's in black and grey, a older 7032 and 7031 with poljot movements, and have the dw casesets for the black and grey 7032's. To each their own, i love the size of the heritage chrono's. Then again, i don't have the proper bracelets and my 7032/7031's aren't really finished products.

Is there a rep of Heritage, other than the quartz one on another thread?

Not yet.. Will the factories shell out to re-work the rep to include a mechanical movement? I really wouldn't like to say :shutup2: To be fair, the quartz one is a really nice wear, and the movement really shouldn't be an issue with regards purchase, as the rep Heritage has plenty of other tells which would give it away long before the subject of the movement is raised :whistling: