When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming Grail ...

Martyd3

Congrats, Marty. Don't know why some people have to be dicks.

Naah... that's just Dave and his sense of humor.

It took me a few years to get used to it. :D

Naah... that's just Dave and his sense of humor.

It took me a few years to get used to it. :D

Understood, but when a guy sells two of his favorite pieces - which couldn't have been easy, comes here to share his new "grail" with the forum, and you've got people (non-regulars) laughing at him like jackasses in his own thread, I don't see the humor. But maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way and slid right off Marty.

Anyhoo... it is what it is. Carry on.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Im sorry for the laugh! But i just laughed at dave not at you mart nor your watch! To me this watch is faaaar better then the two you sold! Im a sucker for vintage tudors and rolex so this watch realy turn me on! But dave took the words right out of my mouth becuse i thought the same thing, its just humor it has NOTHING to do with your watch or you!!!

Understood, but when a guy sells two of his favorite pieces - which couldn't have been easy, comes here to share his new "grail" with the forum, and you've got people (non-regulars) laughing at him like jackasses in his own thread, I don't see the humor. But maybe it just rubbed me the wrong way and slid right off Marty.

Anyhoo... it is what it is. Carry on.

My brother is a di@k too. I've dealt with that kind of humor for years :) I am building a 009 and 205a, so I doubt if I will miss the 201a. They are a dime a dozen anyway. I have two on my workbench now, that I am reluming. As far as the Seamaster goes, that is a great watch. There is a gen of it in my future.

+1 for being another [censored]...I am still laughing :)

This watch means nothing to me Marty (As in, I aint never seen one)...can you tell us anymore mate on the watch and how you got it etc...

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's a good review. I think it's a great watch, although drama behind it is something else altogether. I think 30 or so, of the 300 made, have been delivered.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f325/fi...ml#post3505280

Thanks mate.....Sweet...your pic dont do it justice mate :)

Congrats and wear it well....

Look forward to more pics :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Look forward to seeing more....

I am not sure I agree on the sacrifice....well one of them anyway but I can understand the love... :)

I've built multiple pre-V's ... they are easy and fun to put together. I think I enjoy luming the dials and building them more than wearing them. Most of the parts are now readily available. The SMP chronograph was a franken, not a grail. Anyone can build one of those.