When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Believe You Could Call This a Must Read Post

Greetings All & Sundry.

This is posted with Thomas' permission and I must say, a little delight - he may be as twisted as I am.

I got a watch for sale and, if you want it, you're going to have to bid on it - I am not pricing it. Moreover, I am not going to post a picture of it - you do NOT get to have a clue what it is. Since there is no price and there is no picture, this is doesn't meet the sales forum guidelines so it is properly posted here - if that troubles you, take it up with Admin.

Mystery that it is, it's only fair that their be an ironclad guarantee and there is one if it makes you feel better . . . if it is a beater old Canal Street rep that you bought for $500, you have clear title to it!

Winner's bid goes to RWG in it's entirety. Winner can expect a package via FedEx at my expense.

Most of you will no doubt recognize that you'd have to be crazy to risk serious money on these terms - that's the whole idea.

In fact, I'll add another little piece of information. Thomas knows exactly who I am and he'll confirm for anyone who asks that five minutes on Google with my name would establish that I have been involved in more fraud than all the rest of the people that all of you collectively know put together - and our deal is, although he knows exactly what's going on here, he doesn't tell anyone anything else.

Now doesn't that just fill you with faith and confidence! [snicker]

One might reasonably ask why I'd set this up to discourage bidding -- it's simple, I just want to play with my friends. On the other hand, you will note that there is no requirement that any bidder have any particular status on here. The last thing I'd expect would be to see some noob take a big risk on someone they don't know squat about but, twisted soul that I am, my motivation is the sheer fun of it, and that would be the ultimate ironic hoot!

Somebody want to take a chance?

Two other thinga.

1) Upon receipt, the winner is expected to post some good pics of whatever he got and, if he/she is thus inclined, the winner is free to offer it for sale - assuming that anyone might actually want to give you so much as a wooden nickel for it!

2) If nobody bids, nobody wins (duh). In that case, I'll post pics and we can all enjoy a good laugh, or cry, together!

One caveat - I must reserve the right to cap this thing at my discretion. For example, I would never in a million years imagine that anyone would bid $10,000 but, I couldn't allow it for obvious reasons.

"And we'll have fun, fun, fun til Daddy takes the T-Bird away."

LOL

Bill

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill is an excellent man and RWG member, its been great chatting with him over the past few days about these vintage Rolex pieces. With that said, I will place a bid.

$300

OMG, a noob gets off first - Dude, you do realize we are talking about US dollars not dirhams? Don't you know there are reps you can buy for $40?

:whistling:

Bill

OMG, a noob gets off first - Dude, you do realize we are talking about US dollars not dirhams? Don't you know there are reps you can buy for $40?

:whistling:

Bill

AH, I wanted to bid $30! $300 can get me at least 10 rep subs!

No seriously, $300 is my bid.

AH, I wanted to bid $30! $300 can get me at least 10 rep subs!

No seriously, $300 is my bid.

You betting I don't have anything in my boxes worth less than $300?

Most people would call that a pretty good bet, but they don't know that I secretly collect digital quartz stuff from KMart! That shouldn't worry you, worst case scenario, you wind up with a watch that keeps much better time than the most expensive stuff the guys round here drool over - and you made a nice donation to the forum. Best case scenario, a miracle testimonial to the value of blind faith.

Pay to play!

Bill

Weird -- three posts today all with the same post count?

I'm confused . . . but what else is new.

Bill

Guess it has been a long time. All your individual posts automatically increase to your total posts. And that hasn't changed in years. :lol:

And in the spirit of good fun and always for a great cause - $325.00

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Move along boys, come

on come on shoo shoo, time to let the man play.

350$ is my bid :)

Edited by Zeleni Kukuruz

Hey hey, that is real entertainment.

If only I had cash left from the huuuuuge amount of money I have to throw in my teenage daughter education right away to avoid her to be fired from regular schools...

I'll see what I can do though as I like the spirit of this a lot!

Thanks Bill for entertaining our community. :D:clapping::thumbsupsmileyanim:

So three weeks from now, when that sociopath, "Bill" (if that is even his real name) decides that we'll end this thing in 2 more weeks from then...

I have a feeling we'll all get a lot of entertainment by this.

With that, I'll bid $350 +1

:gun2:

Guys starting so high has kind of ruined what Bill wanted to do here.

The idea was for lots of guys to have fun and if it finished on high dollars so-be-it.

Now of course most wont play.

Ken

With what Bill has offered around and showed pictures of, I think 300 was an honorable opener... And even so, if it didn't start there, it would not have taken long to get there! I am enjoying watching as much as I would have enjoyed participating! The suspense is killing me, though!!! :bangin:

Guys starting so high has kind of ruined what Bill wanted to do here.

The idea was for lots of guys to have fun and if it finished on high dollars so-be-it.

Now of course most wont play.

Ken

Not to worry - I figured $300 was the starting point because everyone knows I don't buy anything for less than that kind of money.

You can't tell, the bidding may get serious . . . like someone once said, they're born every minute. On the other hand, someone else once said something about casting out a little bread.

Are we having fun yet?

Bill