When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 6263 from Josh/Perfect Clones

prdubis

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Josh and he will continue to be my choice of dealer, but his comment is just not working for me. I bought one just to see if I can mod it...definitely not going to wear it "as is"

exactly same philosophy for me,

I will stay with Josh, DW and Yuki even with this subdial spacing brain scour, I prefer the classic DW way with a working hours subdial counter.

Surfing on the net with Josh for backgrounds, Yuki parts and DW, I can build cosmographs which are accurate enough for me and my buyers

Edited by Rolexaddict

• 2 weeks later...

I see the fly in the ointment in all of these Venus-powered Daytonas (note the way the hour totalizer bleeds into the minute track)

1.jpg

I think that answers the question about the subdial placement. :bangin:

Agreed, but if you look at the older ST-19 daytonas the hour sub-dial is clear of the minute track, not sure if the sub-dials are smaller or the minute track is thinner.

post-4089-0-55100100-1305703182.jpg

OK I think ive sussed the problem - on a V72 all three subdials are the same distance from the centre, however on a st-19 the bottom subdial is futher away (8.16mm as opposed to 7.81mm), therefore all three sudials have to be too small, the bottom subdial has to be smaller than the other two, or has been done on this new rep the bottom subdial runs into the minute track.

You guys have pretty much figured it out. Here is a ST19 movement with a DW V72 dial mounted (obviously, there are no dial feet). The running seconds and minute counter hands will line up, but the hour totalizer is too low. Since it is frozen, I don't know if it can be moved up a mm or 2 towards the center. I also don't have a case to see if it would fit. Anyway, here is the pic.

photo4.jpg

• 3 months later...

Alligoat,

That's exactly it. The 9o'clock is seconds, 3 o'clock is 30 min and 6 o'clock follows hour hand. So far the movement has more than 48hrs power reserve and it's only gaining a minute a week. Got the rolex pushers and will install them this weekend. E

Sounds like one of the early reps with the 6 o'clock subdial following the hour hand.

Alligoat,

That's exactly it. The 9o'clock is seconds, 3 o'clock is 30 min and 6 o'clock follows hour hand. So far the movement has more than 48hrs power reserve and it's only gaining a minute a week. Got the rolex pushers and will install them this weekend. E

These movements are regular 7750 and went assembled - don't know the reason- with the hours hammer lock and the hours hammer spring desactivited. Thats why the hand of the subdial at six follows the main hour hand instead of moving when 60 minutes are passed with the chrono engaged.

I have one of these movements, I have disassembled and converted to allow the hours counter to work properly.

These movements are regular 7750 and went assembled - don't know the reason- with the hours hammer lock and the hours hammer spring desactivited. Thats why the hand of the subdial at six follows the main hour hand instead of moving when 60 minutes are passed with the chrono engaged.

I have one of these movements, I have disassembled and converted to allow the hours counter to work properly.

So the hours counter should only work when the counter is engaged?

E

So the hours counter should only work when the counter is engaged?

E

Yes,

normally, on this version of 7750, as told the hours counter hand follows the main hour hand permanently. Also even when the chrono is not engaged if you push the reset pusher, the hours counter hand returns at 0 (12) and starts again to turn in coordination with the main hour hand.

When the hours hammer counter lock has been replaced in its right position, the hours counter hand will be again operational : means stay permanently at 0 (12) and starts to move only when the chrono pusher is engaged

If you don't mind, is there a tutorial to do this? I would love to do this mod to this movement, so that it is more accurate and gen like. I may need to get a movement to play with.

E

no tutorial for this, but its really easy without complete disassemble the movement.

May be I could do a tuto but I will be far from home next weeks and very busy

You need just to remove the dial, then the first level plate and replace in the correct position the hours hammer spring and the hammer counter lock

If this can help to localise the concerned parts here

• 4 weeks later...

Yes,

normally, on this version of 7750, as told the hours counter hand follows the main hour hand permanently. Also even when the chrono is not engaged if you push the reset pusher, the hours counter hand returns at 0 (12) and starts again to turn in coordination with the main hour hand.

When the hours hammer counter lock has been replaced in its right position, the hours counter hand will be again operational : means stay permanently at 0 (12) and starts to move only when the chrono pusher is engaged

Also, have to ask this again, What hands fit these ST19 movements? I have read and been told that standard 7750 ones don't work.

E