When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Croatia 2 : 0 England

dadog13

well, as some of you already know...yeterday evening Croatia gave a lesson to the England football team...it was a game for the qualifications to the next european championship...now we are at the top of the table...and going strong to be one of the 2 that will qualify for the EU championship...

I have to say that we played a good game and England can be lucky that they got only two goals...

W Croatia!

Without Becks England isn't competitive. Becks is much greater player than Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and Zidane combined. :lol:

Seriously, they could probably still use him. I recall he scored some important free kick goals in the World Cup as well.

Without Becks England isn't competitive. Becks is much greater player than Maradona, Pele, Cruyff and Zidane combined. :lol:

Seriously, they could probably still use him. I recall he scored some important free kick goals in the World Cup as well.

The current England manager is an ass, something I've thought all along. The arrogance of the overpaid and underperforming England players has been justly rewarded. Well done Croatia.

I watched the game, and in periods England were totally overrun by Croatia. McClaren's '3-5-1-1' failed miserably. The Midfield never got the hold on the opponents, and Rooney never really had a chance against a solid Croat-defence. Obviously people are picked for their name and not form.

I agree with By-Tor, Beckham would be better than Neville any day on the right wing, he can tackle and attack, and McClaren making a statement by not selecting him has backfired..

Ashley "The Girl" Cole looked like a junior player, never finding his place.

I have a love/hate relationship with the english team, I love to see them do well, and a championship without them is poorer for it, but I can't help enjoying their loss when they mouth off like they do.

Croatia, a very good side, deserves a lot of credit for playing like they do, pushing england on every part of the pitch, making individual players look bad.

In case anyone missed it.... :D

I was riolling around on the floor laughing at this. Goal of the season?

:lol::thumbsupsmileyanim:

That made my day... thanks!!!

PS: Come back Dave Seaman... all is forgiven!!!

Edited by By-Tor

Crouch, Rooney and Lampard were the only natural attacking players, all the rest were defensive players!

Beckham should have been out wide on the right without doubt. Also Gary Neville has never scored for England and is not a winger.

We miss both Owens and Joe Cole for sure, but the England coach was never the right man for the job and I hated that he was apointed in the first place. With luck he will leave an Venables will take full control.

Crap system and crap team selection equals a crap result.

Our extraordinary and short-sighted fascination with the failures of "them" over the "triumphs" or "wish for triumphs" of our own mob(s) never ceases to amaze me. :nono:

JTB

Eh? My lot won last night :D

PS. Something I've kept quiet about until now, but the club team I support, the town my father, brother and sister were born in, and if my parents were the Beckhams I'd have been named after???..

Link.....

Eh? My lot won last night :D

PS. Something I've kept quiet about until now, but the club team I support, the town my father, brother and sister were born in, and if my parents were the Beckhams I'd have been named after???..

Link.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How I wished I'd come up with that wan for next Thursday night!!!!

JTB

I watched the game, and in periods England were totally overrun by Croatia. McClaren's '3-5-1-1' failed miserably. The Midfield never got the hold on the opponents, and Rooney never really had a chance against a solid Croat-defence. Obviously people are picked for their name and not form.

I agree with By-Tor, Beckham would be better than Neville any day on the right wing, he can tackle and attack, and McClaren making a statement by not selecting him has backfired..

Ashley "The Girl" Cole looked like a junior player, never finding his place.

I have a love/hate relationship with the english team, I love to see them do well, and a championship without them is poorer for it, but I can't help enjoying their loss when they mouth off like they do.

Croatia, a very good side, deserves a lot of credit for playing like they do, pushing england on every part of the pitch, making individual players look bad.

I agree with everything you said, except that Beckham and Neville work great together, rather than as a replacement for each other down the right wing.

I agree with everything you said, except that Beckham and Neville work great together, rather than as a replacement for each other down the right wing.

Of course, there can be no arguing that they have teamed up well in the past. But I can't see them both in a 3-5-2, so if I had to pick one, I'd go with Beckham for right pitch movement, if not for offensive strength alone.

Crouch, Rooney and Lampard were the only natural attacking players, all the rest were defensive players!

Beckham should have been out wide on the right without doubt. Also Gary Neville has never scored for England and is not a winger.

Gary Neville scored, just at the wrong end. Overrated nincompoop.

I blame him for the goal. Under no pressure, he does a backpass which was on target to the goal. If he did it slightly left it would have gone out for a corner. And why didnt the keeper control it when under no pressure?

They definitely missed Gerrard and Eriksson :o

If only the FA had appointed Guus Hiddink, not a fourth rate former assistant man-ure manager.

Strangely enough I am a little more ambivalent towards England. Difficult to support a team that has Gary Neville and Rio Ferdinand amongst it's "stars" !

I prefer good football so tend to like watching a team like Argentina who are a great passing side, or Spain on their day.

Edited by Chronus