When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage NOS Seamaster 300

dbutlerman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1171 does wear nice! Good luck on the hunt!

I found an original 1171 with screw in links..waiting to hear back!

How do you like the lume? I've noticed my hands have a slight green tint and are brighter than the dial markers...still rocks though!

I didn't know that the 1171 had screws at some point...that'd be nice.

I like the lume, chefcook also noted the non-matching lume. He was going to relume to make them match. It didn't bother me as I knew from some watchco reviews that they wouldn't match. The hands add a bit of color to the all white markers on the dial.

Thanks for the lume info..I like mine just fine.

From what I've read the original 1171's were Swiss and the current ones are subbed out to a different country, and the first version uses screws instead of pins.

I'm going to go Nato until I find an 1171 for a reasonable price.

22fe22be.jpg

You have the cal 552? mines the 565, does yours have the push/pull date changer?

Mine works really well (the couple minutes I messed with it lol) It's a very unusual way to change the date.

ETA: I just reread your first post and saw the pic of your movement

this is very awesome! im going to have to build me one of these after my franken 5513 is done!

If you do.....

We will give you the password and teach you the secret handshake to the Seamaster 300 club!

:)

Great work, db2. And woof*, it's great to see the old case up and running again!

After regulation my Cal.552 is a very accurate and reliable movement. I'll keep saying it over and over: The 500s the most beautiful mass-produced automatics of all time, and arguably the best in-house movement that Omega ever made. Congratulations, you two!

As for mesh, well, it's an acquired taste!

1220885400_XPeCx-L.jpg

Outstanding. I would've liked to have seen it with a more bluish lume, like the current Seamasters, but I'm splitting hairs.

Keep the photos coming.

?

These Seamaster's were made in the '60s, they didn't have blue lume then.

Our Seamasters posted here have NOS dials and they already have a bit more blue in them than the originals.

• 3 weeks later...

The genuine hands on the Seamaster 300 were relumed in Tritec C1 to match the dial. Originally the hands were C3 but IMO it looks stupid with a C1 dial...

Wow! The C1 hands do look good. Good enough for me to consider buying another se and having them relumed to match! Hmmmmmm.