When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage NOS Seamaster 300

dbutlerman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From what I can see, Yuki's stock is a very good update of the old Vietnam case. For one thing, it drops the pineapple-colored bezel markings for white ones. You would definitely want to use a gen dial, as the dial that comes with it is a piece of poo. It collates all of the classic tells on one dial: "Stubbies", closed-loop numerals, over-yellow lume, and a date window that looks as if it were made using a floppy disk hole punch circa 1985.

The crown also looks a bit ropey, but it's easily fixed. Genuine crowns aren't that expensive.

From what I can see, Yuki's stock is a very good update of the old Vietnam case. For one thing, it drops the pineapple-colored bezel markings for white ones. You would definitely want to use a gen dial, as the dial that comes with it is a piece of poo. It collates all of the classic tells on one dial: "Stubbies", closed-loop numerals, over-yellow lume, and a date window that looks as if it were made using a floppy disk hole punch circa 1985.

The crown also looks a bit ropey, but the gen is cheap.

Thanks M. Just asked Yuki and he asks 420 USD for case and dial.

Looks like the stuff I bought from Ken is just cartel stuff which can be bought from the dealers and not that what I'm looking for.

*edit* it is 330 USD for the case only. Is that a decent price??

*edit* it is 330 USD for the case only. Is that a decent price??

That's a very good price, in my opinion. However, the implied $90 price tag for the dial is an obscenity! Especially when you figure on the cost of a gen date dial on CousinsUK, as db2 noted.

The case should take a push-in crown, rather than a screw-down, so you'll want the wider, thinner SM300 crown.

FYI, Silix was selling the same cartel case for $90, I think.

That's a very good price, in my opinion. However, the implied $90 price tag for the dial is an obscenity! Especially when you figure on the cost of a gen date dial on CousinsUK, as db2 noted.

The case should take a push-in crown, rather than a screw-down, so you'll want the wider, thinner SM300 crown.

FYI, Silix was selling the same cartel case for $90, I think.

Yes, he was! I ordered one and they are out of stock.

So the Yuki case should take a 26mm dial and a push-in crown?

Have I got tips on that! Yes, EBAY! Find an old vintage Semaster DeVille or similar - buy it for $225, take out the movement, and sell case, dial, hands, crystal, crown, etc, for $225 :) That's what I did! Black or White is correct!

Just eBay search for Omega 565 - you'll get lots of hits!

Just eBay search for Omega 565 - you'll get lots of hits!

Alternatively, if you want to trade time for savings, you could try a more generic search like "omega automatic vintage", and look through scores of movement photos, searching for the tell-tale signs of a 565.

I actually enjoy that sort of thing! :pardon:

Alternatively, if you want to trade time for savings, you could try a more generic search like "omega automatic vintage", and look through scores of movement photos, searching for the tell-tale signs of a 565.

I actually enjoy that sort of thing! :pardon:

LOL M. We think alike too. I'm just doing that :thumbsupsmileyanim: at the moment.

Would someone here seriously be interested in buying a already assembled SM300? My best friend is selling his, looking exactly the same as my SM300... I built them together.

Price surely would not be cheap actually, but parts are getting seriously expensive at the moment (case set up 25% and so on...)

Yes, he was! I ordered one and they are out of stock.

So the Yuki case should take a 26mm dial and a push-in crown?

I hate to be the stick in the mud here, but yuki has never had the new case of his in stock from what I can tell.

I've emailed him monthly asking for the stock status ever since LHOOQ disovered the new case on yuki's site..many months ago.

If you get news that he actually has it in stock for sale...let me know.

Another thing, I'm saving once again for the gen case and in a month or so my Vn case/dial/hands will be for sale.

Chef, let me know when you get a price for your friends watch, never know :)