When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage NOS Seamaster 300

dbutlerman

The difference in real life is much more significant than it is in pictures. With C1 on the hands it seems to have the right color whereas the C3 is a mismatch. At least my hands were brighter in the dark than the dial, too. With C1 you'll lose a little of the glow, but it will match the dial in color in both day and night.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

Just got back from a watch repair shop where they pressure tested the watch to 100 Meters and it passed with flying colors. I then went to a dive shop and they put it in there pressure change and took it down to their max (300 ft) and she's still dry as a bone! AWESOME! I figured it was waterproof, but now I am sure! I guess she'll be fine down to my maximum pool depth of 12ft :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks, buddy :) It's in dire need of a service soon... But lots of fun to look at in the meantime. Unfortunately, I don't think it's very water resistant these days; it's still got the original crown (non-screwdown) and I have no idea how old the crystal and gasket are. I guess that one of these days, I'm going to have to give it the attention that it's due (and deserves).

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me what the dial size is? I have a case incoming an would like to know if a gen dial will fit.

Where is the case coming from? If it's a case for the cartel rep, then a gen dial will not fit. If you're buying the case from, say, Yuki or Phong, then it will fit.

The cartel SM300 has a 31mm dial. The gen is about 27mm. Not even close.

EDIT: Ah. Found the shot I wanted. On the right is the VN dial, which has the same diameter as the gen.

986232185_G5tjc-X3.jpg

I was going to use that same pic LHOOQ, but I wasn't sure which dial was which...so nice work!

Thanks! At the time, it was a bit of a surprise seeing how tiny the gen dial was in comparison. I just had to swallow my cheapness and buy the gen dial, not realizing how much more expensive it and all the other parts would be in a year's time!

dutchguy2: I think I prefer the date dial's more neutral lume color, and the T SWISS MADE T script at the bottom. I've never been a big fan of the Big Triangle design, and the circle-T is a bit much.