When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

14060 question

Ylfig

Looks OK to me, but I can't really see the dial.

Bezel insert is fine, crown and tube look good, cg's also. Bracelet is correct from what I can see (should be a 93150 w/ I believe 501B ends).

Opening up the caseback is always a good idea, but if the seller is reputable it's really not a big deal.

Service history is another question. When I buy a used Rolex, I always figure in a price of a service.

Consider-- There are no good/quality 14060 Replicas out there.

If you open the back and it has a GEN movement, you are good. The dial size on these is also different from a 16610. It is smaller.

I have said before, "serviceable parts" does NOT make a Rolex fake or less authentic IMHO. So, Hands, and Inserts alone are NOT ENOUGH to 'fail' a watch IMHO. Especially if it has ever been serviced by an independent watchsmith.

If you can open the caseback, that's what I would do. Or take it to a independent watchsmith who can. Going to a Rolex AD is a somewhat risky proposition, IMO. First off, they could easily want to charge you $25-50 just to look at the watch. And if it needs to be serviced, figure $500 minimum. A good independent watchsmith should open and close the case as a courtesy and certainly can service the watch for $200-250.

BTW, E series means service history is important- it is a 20 year old watch. Mechanical watches should be serviced every 5-6 years. And the tritium is getting old- how does it glow? But it looks good to me w/o opening the caseback!

The seconds hand look off to me, see how it ends is straight, it should be a little wider where it touches the dot and then narrow towards the end. take a look at this 16610 unless the 14060 has different hands.

DSC_0178.jpg

dont worry about it, i think youre fine.

+1

As Rolex's parts distribution to independent watchmakers gets stricter and stricter, the use of aftermarket (note: aftermarket does not mean fake) parts will become more commonplace.

Furthermore, without a macro photo or loop, no one is going to notice an aftermarket second hand while on your wrist.