When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brushing bezel face on Tudor 7032

garettb16

Depending what you're trying to achieve....Careful use of a green scotchbrite pad will accomplish an even brushed finish w/o removing the bezel..

Carefully avoiding the lense as plastic scuffs easily w/ the pad. I recently refinished the bezel on my Tudor chrono quite successfully..

Regards, mcotter

Depending what you're trying to achieve....Careful use of a green scotchbrite pad will accomplish an even brushed finish w/o removing the bezel..

Carefully avoiding the lense as plastic scuffs easily w/ the pad. I recently refinished the bezel on my Tudor chrono quite successfully..

Regards, mcotter

Interestng. Did you leave the bezel on? How long of a job was it? I'm no modder by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm wondering is it just a few strokes and the job is done?

Thanks

I think it's better to remove the bezel, for the the crystals sake and to get a better finish. You can use a scotchbrite pad or a rubber refinishing bar. What I did was to hold the bar steady and rotate the bezel on it. I got a nice even finish that way.

standard.jpg

• 11 months later...

In my opinion it definitely looks better brushed than polished. Plus it is accurate to how the gen was.

For mine, I used a bezel removal tool like this one:

R19381_cmyk.jpg

Once removed, I used an old Tape Machine that just so happened to have a pinch roller that was the exact diameter as the inside of the bezel. I just ran the tape machine on slow, and held a titanium refinishing pad on top of the bezel while it slowly spun around. Took me about 10 minutes to get a nice, even, circular brushed look.

2405dd96.jpg

af7da37c.jpg

• Like 1

I did mine with the bezel still on. I taped around the crystal to protect it from the scotchbrite pad, this was the hardest part. Once protected I just wiped around the bezel with the pad until I was satisfied with the look. Sorry, no pics at the moment but pretty much the same as those shown above.