When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Had a fatty black bear hanging around this evening

Nanuq

Did you introduce him to Mr. Smith & Mrs. Wesson ?

Nah, I just went out and chucked a couple rocks at him. I tried throwing an apple once and he just ate it. :pardon:

Nah, that's not the half of it Gran. He hung around a couple hours, at first he knocked over my garbage can and broke my tiedown straps to dig out a bag of trash. He took it 30' down over the side of the hill into a bush to eat it. :chef:

So I had to stand the can back up and pick up his mess, and put another good strap on the can. So 20 minutes later he's back, banging on my can again, throwing it around and breaks ANOTHER strap, makes another big mess and hauls another bag of trash 30' down over the side. So now I have a DOUBLE mess to pick up when the brush dies off this Fall. :thumbdown:

Fricken bear. Next time he poked his head out I chased his butt away. :bye1:

Nah, I just went out and chucked a couple rocks at him. I tried throwing an apple once and he just ate it. :pardon:

I would most definitely want some kind of fire power near by,Im a big pussy when It comes to paws and jaws :lol: This Is probably just another day In the life for Nanuq.:)Mike

Nice! And I'm [censored] at the snake who keeps eating the fish out of my backyard garden pond! I guess that's the difference between the lower 48 wilderness (Colorado foot hills) and real wilderness!

No kiddin', eh. And it gives me a different perspective on the rodent issue I deal with in the field behind my house. :lol:

You guys all have it easy, look at this savage beast I had to tangle with...

koalab.jpg

I tell you I had a bike helmet, knee and elbow pads plus a baseball bat but I still knew I was going to sustain serious injuries as I walked out the back door!

Luckily though the cat chase him away... :animal_rooster:

Ken

Alright Ken, if you're going to up the ante like that... I didn't want to resort to this, but I feel I must.

To prove how tough we are here in the Arctic.

WARNING: these are GRAPHIC IMAGES. If you are easily upset, go to another topic. Seriously.

These were taken during an actual Polar Bear attack, while people watched and could do nothing to stop it.

Reports say that the victim will make a full recovery. But I'm not holding my breath.

(scroll down for images. be prepared, these are gruesome. consider exiting this thread)

I'm warning you... if you've recently eaten PLEASE do not view these.

Last warning........

polar_bear_attack.jpg

:bleh:

The Mountain Lions from my neck of the woods can take baby Polar and cute Koala...

There are lots of bears and lions that come into Boulder, CO these days. The lions love small dogs. The bears love garbage.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ronin, Boulder Colorado? Sweeeeet! I spent some time there in the early 60s. Do you know where Martin Park is, next to Broadway, across the road from NCAR? Go look, there are some big old trees there I used to fall out of. :tu: