When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Questions about a 5513 project

danza1812

Ok. This is sort if what I want my watch to look like;

b38fa09c.jpg

And ;

1443224f.jpg

So I'm thinking

Joshua $118 5513

Yuki matte dial;

566dec93.jpg

Gen crown and tube, low beat movement and Clarke crystal.

Anyone know where I can source the gen crown, movement and crystal though??

Any thoughts or advice much appreciated.

we are turning arround...

perfectclone is telling the stuff is 1/1, yuki talk about dials refinished by professionals..... :bicycle::drinks::pardon::whistling:

in fact, this hobby is just.... :bangin:8)B);)

a nice hobby :lol:

ps : yuki cases most of the time are out of specs : to thick, fat, wrong bezel assy ..etc.etc....

Edited by Rolexaddict

might have one (MBW case)for sale shortly. lug holes already drilled @1.25mm, stock crown tube removed new threads fits gen crown tube, cgs already done in mid to late 80s style. similar to the ones in your picture but more square on the inside.

josh case, the CGS can never be fixed, and the yuki dial is printed too thick.

mbk case + ingod 5513 dial or even an ndt dial in that particular style. will grant you the watch you want.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Dial-Rolex-Submariner-Ref-5513-Maxi-Dial-White-Lume-/350452852420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51989e26c4

ingod has none for sale right now, but he usually does every few weeks. his dials look great.

If the case is anything like the Puretime case, then a gen dial will be too small. It will work but there will be hardly anything holding the dial in place. I tried it and it kept slipping into the rehaut. The MBW1680 dial also was too small and its the same size as a gen 5513 dial i believe. the MBW case is awesome if you can get one, but if not maybe try the Yuki.

@Dizzy: so a 1680 is harder to build using a MBW case?

An MBW '1680' is based on the 5513 case, which is intended for a 26mm dial. The big problem with building a 1680 is that the genuine dial (and several aftermarket dials) measure at 26.5. So 1) the MBW does not provide a good basis for making a good, believable build and 2) if you were to use a gen or aftermarket dial, it would have to be trimmed down to fit the MBW case.