When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

yuki 16800

mjmj

never gets worn though, just one of those builds you think you want but when it is done you dont, i think the almost total lack of lume from the tritium puts me off

I can't wait to get mine built, but I suspect that I'll find the same thing after the build :lol:

never gets worn though, just one of those builds you think you want but when it is done you dont, i think the almost total lack of lume from the tritium puts me off

I think I have the same problem with some of my vintage models. I really like the way they look but no "glow in the dark" kinda ruins it for me! I will often wear a vintage all day then swap to something with good lume before hitting the rack...

I think I have the same problem with some of my vintage models. I really like the way they look but no "glow in the dark" kinda ruins it for me! I will often wear a vintage all day then swap to something with good lume before hitting the rack...

I have the same problem.I almost cannot abide one that has no lume. I have a wonderful genuine 16750 GMT, but the lume is gone. I am thinking seriously about sending it up to Ziggy to have the dial relumed. That will probabbly destroy the value of the watch, but I'm not planning on selling it. All of my vintage builds, my 1680 and 1665 DRSD have Ziggy's vintage lume and they are great.

The gen on the left no longer glows, but the relumed gen dial on the right glows like a champ

P1000185.jpg

The watch on the right is a noob case w/ drilled lugholes, gen dial relumed by Ziggy, old style DW, gen crown and tube and a gen 93150 w/ 593 ends. I wear it more than the gen. It's WR and a great beater. The gen dial fit in the noob case just fine. This all happened after Tribal fit a gen dial in a noob, or was it Stephane... Anyway, I do think the noob case is great for a 16800 rep and relumed dials are the cat's meow.

Flex, this gen 16800 gets the most wrist time, it's on my wrist today and was also there yesterday

P1000246-2-1-2.jpg

It's an 8.1mil SN with a recent tritium dial replacement. I got it for a good price and bought it as a 'beater'.

Second in terms of wrist time is the relumed franken noob (it does the dirty work) and third is the matte dial gen. I prefer not to tear up the matte dial gen.

• 8 months later...

I'm still working on mine and Duke's. I'm ok with partial lume on an early matte dial. The line currently on the dials is bright for a good five minutes or less after sun exposure and visible for another hour or so. I did the hands to match. The lume inspiration came from Ubi's 1665. Where it's white but just tarnished enough. The lume that came with the dials was very good as a visual point of reference.