When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally finished my project after 21 years

Nanuq

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to help friends when I can. I had that insert left over after changing the one on my 5514- Since I had no plans for it, I figure why not give it to someone who can put it to use? I suppose I could have sold it, I guess... But it's not really about the money.

Besides... I think a lot of the perceived value of most parts is beyond ridiculous. Heh... I saw some jackass idiot a few weeks ago trying to sell the very same 6mm Brevet crown on your watch for $1k. I had a good laugh when I saw that one...

The way I look at it... If a small gesture of gifting someone a little metal ring, or a crown or whatever can bring a smile to someone's face... That's worth more to me than whatever I could buy with the money I would have rec'd from selling.

Objects... Money... Material items are all nice to have. But those items come and go. Friends... That's a different story!

Hey Ubi, you'll like this... when my daughter was young she had a teacher that took her under her wing and they started running and spending quality time. One afternoon the teacher asked her over to make some stained glass, and I was there with my camera.

Stained Glass

Thanks Woof! I was out building a gate last night in a driving rain and crazy winds (cue: Ride of the Valkyries) and looked down and realized I was wearing the old girl. She's been through a lot with me over the years. Now with a new lease on life, she'll go through a lot with my kids too.