When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Tudor from China

woof*

about the comment "they're laser engraved", it's not true. Laser engraving sucks much more than this particular example. what's so good about this one is the end links and bracelet looks amazingly vintage. the case has an almost correct shape, the crown position is in the almost good position (higher than mid axis).

The wrong things I can see (without going into fonts)

- The crown is still not perfect, teeth and coronet shape etc

- the insert pearl is terrible

- I think they determined it's a rep because of the dome. It's terrible and they rep would never got it right.

and of course, they would never get the dial right, unless the dial is gen, which is possible because the hands are so good.

If a dealer here can find it, this one is a must buy, possible to upgrade this one to something like a 5513

In all of my searching the net while trying to create accurate artwork for dial decals I don't recall ever running across this particular style of dial in blue. I think it looks nice even if it might be a fantasy. :wub:

I was surprized he posted it, and just as interesting to me... is...I wonder what connections he has to know about this watch before everyone else.

I've e-mailed Steve before about gen watches he has had for sale. Pleasant guy albeit a little short at times, I try not to bother him since I have yet to actually pull the trigger on anything he offers. It seems like he knows whats up in regards to some of this stuff that you could call 'aftermarket'. Looking at his eBay feedback one time I noticed purchases of bracelets from HK. I also remember a situation where the horde on TRF tried to tear him to pieces at the idea that he would wear a big crown sub with a refinished dial, wasn't even a watch he was trying to sell. I sometimes see watches he has for sale that have refinished dials and the like. And like a lot of the franken builders on here, he seems to move parts around on watches in order to get the best examples of vintage watches for the best resale. He is always clear and explicit when any of his watches involve aftermarket parts.

I sort of wouldn't be surprised if he cruises these boards himself, I mean I would if I made my livelihood on selling watches that have a super high likelihood of being 'molested' over the years. Like LHOOQ said, its nice that he is not having a temper tantrum and screaming the second coming of satan at the mere photo of a replica watch.

Like LHOOQ said, its nice that he is not having a temper tantrum and screaming the second coming of satan at the mere photo of a replica watch.

I should note that I have bought parts from Steve in the past, and he was a perfect sweetheart--despite what some of his comments (and his huge neck) might lead you to expect. :)

Yeah, I think he knows his way around the rep world pretty well. There's been a controversy about some domed T21 crystals of his that wouldn't fit gen Daytonas last week or the week before... :thumbdown:

He wouldn't be the first choice when I was looking for gen parts. That's actually the one thing I really hate about this so called vintage Rolex community. No matter how well respected dealers are, no matter what reputation they have, they might and will try to screw you over!

I once bought a "gen" 6265 bezel from another long time member who's constantly selling pretty rare stuff there and it wouldn't even fit my gen T21 (way too large diameter apart from other tells). He did refund my money, even called me up and told me he did not know what had happened and that he was 100% sure it wasn't a fake part because he knew all of them ( I DID believe him on that one). This guy is constantly selling stuff over there for thousands of dollars and I am sure some of it is aftermarket and that he does indeed know exactly what is going on.

You can not trust anybody over there, verify everything.