When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im wondering is there enough room in the back of the case to cut out like say on a minilathe to give it more room,so when u tighten the screw clamps down it will not put pressure on the movment ?

just thinking about this , i have often seen where the dial presses on the datewheel when tightening the clamps down and most of the time it is because the datewheel has a overlay and is a little high in one area and one mbw had the crown tube drilled too high so when u tightened the caseback down it would barely lay on top of the crown stem, so im sure this is sort of the same deal , u will probably have to come up with a idea to make it work, good luck

nice read

joe

This is very disappointing news, even for those of us who haven't yet purchased a Portugese. I have been bugging a few dealers for an all black dial Portugese. If they eventually come through, I'll have to decide whether I still want to risk the problems that The Zigmeister described.

Thank you for this very informative and to the point post The Zigmeister :thumbsupsmileyanim: this is the kind of input that raise this forum to a higher level. This should certainly drive the price on this particular replica down..way down -_-

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thank you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

We ask a lot of these watches don't we, Rob? I mean, we want perfectly functioning 2836 GMT movements, dead-on accurate Asian chronographs. Sometimes it's possible, sometimes it's not.

Thanks for the review. When I see something like this, it makes me feel confident that my watch is in good hands.

Joe, how much experience do you have with a metal lathe?

ask me via email , this is The Zigmeisters thread about the watch and i only posted a suggestion that may help him with his problem with this particular watch , ok

thanks

joe

Just getting ready to turn in for the night...quick update...

Re-assembled another one of these tonight, and it was fine...except for the damm seconds hand touching the crystal, which will require disassembly again...otherwise it ran good.

I think the problem on the other one is related to the too tight bezel/dial attachment, it's so bad that the only way it will run is with the screws all loose...

Will comment on the rest tomorrow, GF is here, you can fill in the rest...

RG

I received mine from Joshua last friday. Dead on Arrival. I took it to my watchsmith (who is really a watchmaker) and left it with him. Came back today and he said, "I just serviced it and reassembled and it has been running fine. I asked him about the movement and extra gears. He just shrugged and said everything works fine. Never mentioned the tight fit, etc.. Actually smiled and said the Chinese are very inventive fellows.

Could it just be a problem on some (hands, etc.) and not on others?

MIne works fine now and chrono's reset perfectly.

I have decided: I don't regret getting mine at all. It's a good-looking watch and it keeps good time in spite of the seconds hand. In fact, the second hand appears to be less jerky than it was a few weeks ago when I first got it.

Sure, it's potentially problematic, but it's gorgeous! I had a genuine on my wrist a week ago and the replica is damned close. I'm not going to worry about mine until it dies.

I was flying through Dubai last week and saw them all in an IWC display case. They were beautiful but I did not see the price nor did I ask. They let me try one on and I am hooked. Very nice and I guess I will risk the movement issue at some point.

Usil

I was flying through Dubai last week and saw them all in an IWC display case. They were beautiful but I did not see the price nor did I ask. They let me try one on and I am hooked. Very nice and I guess I will risk the movement issue at some point.

I'll bring mine to the next Paris meet ...