When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Technical

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GOT IT WORKING>>>

I removed the extra gears for the running seconds, and the watch is working fine for the past 24 hours...I have cased it and will see how it goes over the next day or so, and it should be fine now...

So the problem was the extra gears, and the extra friction...just the way it goes sometimes...

At least there is a fix, and all is not lost...

RG

Received my Portuguese 3714 from Silix at 9/23/06.

Have been wearing it every day since I received it. Only swapping with an Invicta 9937 for a few hours now and then when I had to do "rough" manual work like servicing the engine of my boat and concrete works. It keeps excellent time and has shown water resistancy at the level of swimming and showering.

I am so fond of this piece that I am not emotionally able to send it away for freeing the running seconds gears. Will inform you - for the statistics - when it breaks down

GOT IT WORKING>>>

I removed the extra gears for the running seconds, and the watch is working fine for the past 24 hours...I have cased it and will see how it goes over the next day or so, and it should be fine now...

So the problem was the extra gears, and the extra friction...just the way it goes sometimes...

At least there is a fix, and all is not lost...

RG

good news....

i am waiting to get mine from Sql_pl....waiting for a month now...paid on 2nd of october...and still not getting it...maybe he sent it to The Zigmeister for modification before sending it to me...

Great thread. I have the chrono and have been wearing it for the last couple of weeks on and off and have had no problems. Sweep is smooth and the chrono's are working flawlessly (use it several times a day).

Mine (group buy) runs fine but the second hand was a little jerky.

Odd, because now it's smooth. :blink:

I have the silver dial with black subdial portuguese and love the watch. I love it more than my gens. My Port runs 8 seconds fast and keeps really good time. I played with the chrono quite a bit at first, timing the subway and my trips home. I have no complaints with this watch. I went to my AD and tried on the black dial model and think the rep look remarkably close to the gen. As much as I like the one with the blue handsI just dont think its close enough to the gen. To say this watch panda or domino dial does not look like the gen is silly. The gen has a bit more presence, but I guess thats what you get for the additional $3-4K. I bought a croc strap to dress the watch up and it looks stunning. I wish I had the disposable income purchase the gen, but for now this is by far my favorite watch.

Doesnt the gen work off of a modified 7750?

Edited by ck986

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Why the first post has been deleted?

:o :o :o :o :o :o

LOL! Just noticed the "." -- that gives Ubi's reply even more added comedy:

"As always, a very informative post. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences!

Good stuff!"

Francisco, I believe this post was moved to the ZZ area on RWG Wiki. It's now available to Supporters only, perhaps.