When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swissreplication.com?

Susanm

"we need new blood all the time" g.gif really? Between RWG and the other rep sights we have a very good collection of the best dealers In the business. They have proven themselves over and over again over the years. Lets say the dealer you purchase from dosent deliver the goods,you're pretty much [censored]. Do you really want to explain to PP about your replica purchase? I know I dont. If you use one of the trusted dealers here and something go's wrong,well big difference. The RWG staff/dealers and community at large will do everything they can to help get things sorted out. After knowing this, if someone still wants to try a new dealer,good luck.

As if the world stands still.

The history of Trusted Dealers is full names that dropped out for whatever reason: TTK, WM9, Marvellous Replica to name a few.

New and great dealers like Watchinternational would not have been found if your dogma had been followed.

I agree not to suggest anyone to venture into the wild world outside the Trusted Dealers. But if anyone volunteers to do so, you and the rest of us just might benefit.

So much as you should stick to your recommendation of Trusted Dealers, you should also accept if someone - fully aware of the risk - dares to chance it.

Hey I admit I have been there and done it too,,,the good news is I learned and have done my due diligence for many years. I to congradulate Susanm for chiming back in and taking it on the chin, welcome to the world of repping.

Happy Repping,

Rob

• Like 1

As if the world stands still.

The history of Trusted Dealers is full names that dropped out for whatever reason: TTK, WM9, Marvellous Replica to name a few.

New and great dealers like Watchinternational would not have been found if your dogma had been followed.

I agree not to suggest anyone to venture into the wild world outside the Trusted Dealers. But if anyone volunteers to do so, you and the rest of us just might benefit.

So much as you should stick to your recommendation of Trusted Dealers, you should also accept if someone - fully aware of the risk - dares to chance it.

This will be my last post In this thread...since Ken has suggested we move on.

"As If the world stands still"..no of course not...but the choices we have today are far beyond what we had several years ago.

I think It's Important to remember that we as a community are Involved In a underground hobby...better to fly under the radar..If you will.

It's not going to hurt my feelings If someone wants to try a new dealer...If that dealer turns out to be honest..well who knows.

But the dealer In question had some obvious red flags...most everyone here Including myself said so and suggested that the OP stick with the trusted dealers.

I think the final results speak for themselves.

Most people I know dont have a extra $200-$400 to crap shoot with...If they choose to do so...again... not going to hurt my feelings.

As far as "following my dogma"...well I dont know about all that...but sometimes following ones own common sense does the trick.

The old saying Is so true..."If It quacks like a duck...and If It walks like a duck....has feathers..webbed feet and [censored]....well you know. ;)

Mike

Guys, none of the "trusted dealers" offer AP with Swiss movement so if you don't "roll the dice" you are out of luck. And I haveent tried yet for a CC refund which im sure I could get. Basically, if I don't dispute it I "overpaid" 300 bucks for an Asian 7750. Not the end of the world, and they included a nice rep case.

whatever man they told not to buy there but you did not want to listen to who actually knows.... :nono:

I'd say enough piling on, it serves no constructive purpose. If one can afford to I feel it's good to "experiment" on occasion if for no other reason than to satisfy curiosity.

Thanks, susanm, for the honest and frank review.

Thanks to all who have chimed in with their constructive (or less so) criticism. But as I reminder, I could have (and likely still can) cancel this with my cc company and be refunded in full. I choose not to because i like the watch (well, my son loves it) and it is an Asian high end movement, and for a the money I am out it isn't worth it (to me, and just my opinion), to get the watch back from the watch smith (with no service) and then restart the process with a trusted dealer. As long as one finds a site that will take credit cards, I think it doesn't hurt to explore options when the prospective reward is access to a universe of product that none of the trusted dealers offer. But, hey, I certainly admire the passion you all (both naysayers and supporters) have for this hobby and I'm glad to have helped in any small way to advance the universe of available information.