When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Wheel Overlay Decals Finished

jmb

R, I think I will have a bunch of plain-Jane overlays coming in a couple of weeks but they will be printed but send a couple and I'll return them as overlays. I plan on using the silver back-side after coming up with a way to put uniform radial brushing on them...

I'm getting the feeling that there are numerous date wheel styles (font) depending on what watch was the recipient. R, what watches would the DW you are sending apply to?

Question.. My pt1680 aligns pretty well with the cut out and clark (at least to my eyes).. but the dw is not very well aligned.. the numbers are pushed to the left of the cut out and not very centered ..will these make it better??

The PT vintage series 1680 is always left-justified. The date window in the dial is way too small on that watch. It needs to be opened up to the bottom and to the left. Also, it is set up to ETA specs so the Clark crystal is always going to be too far right with the cyclops.

The only option you have that I'm aware of is to replace the PT dial and the datewheel. I have not done this myself but perhaps an ingod44 dial and JMB's datewheel will fix this LONG LIVED PT 1680 datewheel/window fiasco.

R, I think I will have a bunch of plain-Jane overlays coming in a couple of weeks but they will be printed but send a couple and I'll return them as overlays. I plan on using the silver back-side after coming up with a way to put uniform radial brushing on them...

I'm getting the feeling that there are numerous date wheel styles (font) depending on what watch was the recipient. R, what watches would the DW you are sending apply to?

J-

I'll be sending a datewheel for a caliber 1570, so this would be useful for any 1680, 1665, 1675, 1655, 1600, 1500, etc build. There are a couple of different datewheels/font/printing styles indeed; I'll be sending the most standard of versions (med thick font, open 6/9, closed 26 and flat 3's).

If I have some blanks, I'll send them; no need to send me any in return :) But I still need to go through my parts to see if I have any. For all I know... I may not.

The PT vintage series 1680 is always left-justified. The date window in the dial is way too small on that watch. It needs to be opened up to the bottom and to the left. Also, it is set up to ETA specs so the Clark crystal is always going to be too far right with the cyclops.

The only option you have that I'm aware of is to replace the PT dial and the datewheel. I have not done this myself but perhaps an ingod44 dial and JMB's datewheel will fix this LONG LIVED PT 1680 datewheel/window fiasco.

This is somewhat of a common problem. Josh's 1680 is the same. The dwo is left-justified in the window and the cyclops on a Clark crystal is right-justified. I solved the problem by purchasing a 5513 dial from Josh and did away with the date altogether. That being said, a 1680 is still on my bucket list.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am having the same problems with date wheel alignment on a submariner. Will your overlay dial fit the 16610 with 2836 movement?. If so can a buy a few off you ?.

Best Regards,

Adrian