When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Chronograph

Martyd3

To my humble opinion the following flaws which i did see in a quick look: the numbers alignment on the bezel, there is too much space between them (major flaw). Also the black surface of the crown with the tag logo on it: the rep tag logo is 'inscripted' in the surface while the gen logo is more 'stamped' on it (minor flaw).

The colour of the tag logo on the dial: rep has more a bronze colour while the gen has more a white/zilver colour (minor flaw). And the gen is only available with a black dial and not also with a blue dial at this moment.

For the rest i can't see more flaws at first sight. Hopefully someone else can do a 1:1 comparison between gen and rep.

And of course i'm very curious to hear other members opinions about this rep!

• 2 weeks later...

6119173011_84f778b463_b.jpg

From a quick comparison between pic of a rep (taken off a dealer's website) and a gen (with rubber strap):

- Spacing between numbers on bezel indeed look wider

- Number font on bezel of rep looks more round ended compared to gen

- The TAG Heuer logo (though not visible here) of rep looks like it's missing the arrow ends on the "G"

- Everything else looks fine.

Edited by seraphe

6119173011_84f778b463_b.jpg

From a quick comparison between pic of a rep (taken off a dealer's website) and a gen (with rubber strap):

- Spacing between numbers on bezel indeed look wider

- Number font on bezel of rep looks more round ended compared to gen

- The TAG Heuer logo (though not visible here) of rep looks like it's missing the arrow ends on the "G"

- Everything else looks fine.

Thanks,this rep still looks pretty good to me.

• 4 months later...

I'm a proud, satisfied owner of a 500m chrono rep, and it has become my daily beater right out of the box :-) only glaring flaw I can see is the Tag logo's G as well as its color, being a bit on the gold side, as opposed to chrome silver for GENs.

Can anyone verify if the He valve on the GEN version is manual or auto release? The crescent shaped notches may suggest the need to turn it clockwise. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Congratulations...a fantastic otb rep...really nice.

I too would say that the rep HE valve is of the screw down varity...but looks auto. It looks like the gen is a auto He valve

It could be the angle...but the magnifing glass/cyclops seems to obscure/Infringe upon the print above. It dosent seem to do this with the gen. :g:

Mike

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The movement is probably the worst thing about this watch. Mine just died barely year after purchase.

Chronograph movements are complex things. They cost money to maintain, like most complex things. Every newbie wants a fancy chrono watch but it's the worst thing you can do for a first purchase.