When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Real Asian 3135 Clone

milesd

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 green subs I used in the comparison are from the maker, yes I mentioned 1:1 replicated from a gen sample and it is true, but the maker obviously didnt rep it well, I did not intend to confuse you guys but if the 1:1 replication is not appropriate and I can remove it.

The sample was returned to the maker and I forgot to test it on a time grapher machine, I thought they were in stock and I could always test it later but the maker told me it will take me a few days to get it because they need to test more carefully on this movement. No one has received any QC pics or watch from me yet as I have not got them.

I said what I am told only, I never used white lies in my business, I am not experienced enough or I would have already tried to swap the clone into the gen case.

Please email me if you have any questions regarding this watch/movement and I am happy to assist.

I have called the maker when I see this post and he will try to deliver me the watches to me asap.

maybe "white lies" was a bit harsch from tribal, sure he didn´t mean it :D

I am really curious about this watch and what really makes me wondering is, why they haven´t replicated the bezel assembly ?

Since this dial looks like the noob LV dial I have a better idea, will send you a mail :D

The 2 green subs I used in the comparison are from the maker, yes I mentioned 1:1 replicated from a gen sample and it is true, but the maker obviously didnt rep it well, I did not intend to confuse you guys but if the 1:1 replication is not appropriate and I can remove it.

The sample was returned to the maker and I forgot to test it on a time grapher machine, I thought they were in stock and I could always test it later but the maker told me it will take me a few days to get it because they need to test more carefully on this movement. No one has received any QC pics or watch from me yet as I have not got them.

I said what I am told only, I never used white lies in my business, I am not experienced enough or I would have already tried to swap the clone into the gen case.

Please email me if you have any questions regarding this watch/movement and I am happy to assist.

I have called the maker when I see this post and he will try to deliver me the watches to me asap.

Hi Angus,

If you send me a movement I will do a full tear down and photo report just for RWG.

Let me know!

Mark

Not really an offend, but 1:1 replicated means 1:1.

Angus, maybe you can force the maker to replicate the Bezel assembly like Gen one. this can't be hard to do.

It must be take Gen Inserts with no modification.

If so this one will sell like bread and butter.

It will be a good base for some Rolex Submariner models.

AFAIK the 3135 date wheel turns in the same way as the ETA clockwise, not the anticlockwise like the 1570

I have asked if a 1570 is planned and it is unfortunatly not, but the 3185 is now that being a GMT if that was propplerly copyied that would make lif interesting wouldnt it!

So other than the novelty of having a movement that mostly looks like a 3135, this can or cannot take gen hands? Looks like it will take a gen dial, but that's hardly worth buying it for. I'm at a loss as to significant benefits from copying something 90%? Why not go the extra 10% and do it right?

So other than the novelty of having a movement that mostly looks like a 3135, this can or cannot take gen hands? Looks like it will take a gen dial, but that's hardly worth buying it for. I'm at a loss as to significant benefits from copying something 90%? Why not go the extra 10% and do it right?

I ask me this since I'm in this hobby ;)

specialized equipment to make those little microstella adjustments weights, the availability and reusablity of existing engineered and manufactured parts i.e the DG balance wheel that is used here. this looks little more than a chinese movement with burgundy colored gears. i wish this was even 90% repd

AFAIK the 3135 date wheel turns in the same way as the ETA clockwise, not the anticlockwise like the 1570

I have asked if a 1570 is planned and it is unfortunatly not, but the 3185 is now that being a GMT if that was propplerly copyied that would make lif interesting wouldnt it!

if this movement does indeed turn out to be more than we thought and accepts gen parts(not likely) in theory think it could be modded to become a 1520?