When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Red MBW 1680

Martyd3

Beat up and aged MBW case

CG's shaved and gen crown/tube installed

Case drilled for gen spring bars

Aged and relumed MBW red dial

Relumed Clark hands

Serviced Swiss 2836 movement

Aged insert with Ofrei pearl

PT rep bracelet with 580 ends modded to fit the case

Thanks for the kind words. I've been toying with building a Yuki 1680 with a gen 1570, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. It would cost me $2,000 for the case with a movement and Yuki dial and hands. Add on a gen crystal, crown/tube, insert and bracelet and you are into it for $3,000. Add a gen dial, which you really need and it jumps to $3,500. I have most of the parts on the MBW (less the insert, which is incoming) and a gen bracelet, but it's still a big investment. I think I will be sticking with the MBW for now :)

Thanks for the kind words. I've been toying with building a Yuki 1680 with a gen 1570, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money. It would cost me $2,000 for the case with a movement and Yuki dial and hands. Add on a gen crystal, crown/tube, insert and bracelet and you are into it for $3,000. Add a gen dial, which you really need and it jumps to $3,500. I have most of the parts on the MBW (less the insert, which is incoming) and a gen bracelet, but it's still a big investment. I think I will be sticking with the MBW for now :)

Great looking watch. I just picked one up myself with similar mods. Cant wait to get it. Although tempting to add a 1570, at one point, there has to be a limit.

Love the MBW red, looks great!

That's the original MBW crystal?

had purchased recently from narikaa had poor date mg, this one looks great.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

My only rec is to trim the cg's a smidgen more off their bases, otherwise, awesome!

The crystal is gen.

your pt bracelet, is it stamped 93150?

Yep

Love the MBW red, looks great!

That's the original MBW crystal?

had purchased recently from narikaa had poor date mg, this one looks great.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

My only rec is to trim the cg's a smidgen more off their bases, otherwise, awesome!

Do you mean thin the out side edges?